Ayup (Hello) From South Yorkshire, UK

Eddy

Just Joined
Feb 22, 2017
UK
Hello good folk...or 'Ayup' as we say here in Yorkshire. :)

Upon doing some initial research into E-Bikes, I happened upon this wonderful website so it's great to be here.

Now for a little background. I've been a casual biker for many years now, using them mainly for commuting, general riding and gentle off-roading...nothing too extreme, just tootling along the Yorkshire countryside.

I'm in my late 40's now so am looking into getting my first E-Bike to help things along on my trails so I hope this is the right place to ask questions and hopefully get a good recommendation on which E-Bike would suit me best.

Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire

Upon doing some initial research into E-Bikes, I happened upon this wonderful website so it's great to be here.

Now for a little background. I've been a casual biker for many years now, using them mainly for commuting, general riding and gentle off-roading...nothing too extreme, just tootling along the Yorkshire countryside.

I'm in my late 40's now so am looking into getting my first E-Bike to help things along on my trails so I hope this is the right place to ask questions and hopefully get a good recommendation on which E-Bike would suit me best.
Na'then Iad thou best visit JE James in Rotherham as they have a whole new e-bike department. Wi' shed loads o' bikes! Then get yer sen back here for more advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing and Eddy

ArthurR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 22, 2017
Scotland

Ayup Eddie I joined this site yesterday myself after getting some great advise fro Brighton ebikes who guided me here. You could say I'm a traiter as I was born and bred in Leeds but moved right up to the Moray coast in Scotland in 1990 aged 50. I must say though I have not regretted one moment. The traffic here is still very light which allows me (now aged 77) to still get out on my bike. I have now had to get that bit extra from a e-bike over the last few years though the hills here are like the Dales. My second e-bike is a Volt Pulse-X and I really liked that and still have it. But after have a heart attack last August got an electric trike from Jorvik Tricycles in York (I still go back to my roots at times. But like 6you have been told like everything else its what suits you best. The best advise I think is just look at as many different bikes as you can and don't rush in. Have fun biking and give my love to the hills and Dales Arthur

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and Eddy
Ayup Eddie I joined this site yesterday myself after getting some great advise fro Brighton ebikes who guided me here. You could say I'm a traiter as I was born and bred in Leeds but moved right up to the Moray coast in Scotland in 1990 aged 50. I must say though I have not regretted one moment. The traffic here is still very light which allows me (now aged 77) to still get out on my bike. I have now had to get that bit extra from a e-bike over the last few years though the hills here are like the Dales. My second e-bike is a Volt Pulse-X and I really liked that and still have it. But after have a heart attack last August got an electric trike from Jorvik Tricycles in York (I still go back to my roots at times. But like 6you have been told like everything else its what suits you best. The best advise I think is just look at as many different bikes as you can and don't rush in. Have fun biking and give my love to the hills and Dales Arthur
Hi ArthurR.
Firstly, I'm pleased you've been finding this forum useful, there are some really helpful people with great experience and advice to offer here. I'm also glad to hear you found what advice I offered a help too.
Reading about your purchase of a Jorvic trike, I wondered whether I may now ask you a quick question or two?
The reason being that a lovely gent who lives locally to me who converted his beloved Ridgeback steed some time back, has decided that now in his late eighties, he should move onto a trike and is considering a Jorvic trike as his new ride.
The questions are mainly surrounding your experience, how have you found your Jorvic trike to ride and would you recommend one? Does it do everything you'd hoped it would? Do you find the trike has good power to weight ratio? Do you find the gears are sufficient? Have Jorvic been easy to deal with and ever helpful throughout?
I will speak to the guys at Jorvic, who seem very open and helpful, but it's always good to hear from an owner's point of view. It's funny, because I searched the forum for 'Jorvic Trikes' and was surprised to see your reference to BrightonEbikes in the first post I started reading!
Anyhow, any input you can offer as an owner will be greatly appreciated.
Happy riding to you. All the best. Darren :)

Eddy

Just Joined
Feb 22, 2017
UK
Hello Arthur,

Firstly, apologies for my REALLY slow reply to your post. I saw your reply in Feb and intended to reply straight away and then got sidetracked with work etc.

In fact, thanks to BrightoneBikes as your reply on this thread reminded me of this post and that I should have left a response.

Since my first post, I am now the proud owner of an ebike. Specifically, a KTM Macina Force 27 - pics attached.

It wasn't cheap, costing £1500 plus, but in my view it's worth every penny.

I take it out most evenings after work for a good hours jaunt around my local village and even venture off-road at some points.

The only downside I would say is that once you've used an ebike you get spoilt and very used to the assisted power so that when you turn off the motor you REALLY notice the difference.

:)

P.S Had a quick look at Moray coast in Scotland on Google maps...I think you made the right choice. Looks gorgeous.71ZHGElcNXL._SL1500_.jpg 20170316_094556-min.jpg

Reactions: Gaz and LeighPing