eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
DSC_0395.JPG DSC_0393.JPG DSC_0395.JPG So. I took the bike up Shooters hill in Welling. Just to see if we could make it. I have no idea if you guys would consider it a challenge. But it's well known around here. Wind and traffic didn't help. But we made it to the top.DSC_0393.JPG

Last edited:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks. I'm still 17 stone. Down from 21. And only really now starting to get fitter. Bought the bike to encourage me to do something other than lift weights. So far it's worked. I love going out on it.
You are correct, and as we all know already that lifting weights can produce more body mass that's if you are lifting heavy weights.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Oh yes. I lift heavy and take protein after. Proper.mid life crisis. However I've never been sporty and lacked cardio fitness. So I would get very tired after working out. Having good upper body strength is all well and good. And I was thankfull for the last two years in the gym when I went over the handlebars. However day-to-day day lighter people who only ever work their legs out do fine. And will probably have an easier timeout it walking around Disney world all day. Which is where I'm being dragged to.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Oh yes. I lift heavy and take protein after. Proper.mid life crisis. However I've never been sporty and lacked cardio fitness. So I would get very tired after working out. Having good upper body strength is all well and good. And I was thankfull for the last two years in the gym when I went over the handlebars. However day-to-day day lighter people who only ever work their legs out do fine. And will probably have an easier timeout it walking around Disney world all day. Which is where I'm being dragged to.
Just hope that they have replaced the merry go round ride for an ebike racing track, that will definitely make your trip worth the drag.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Forgot to say, my new steering bars (x2) is some english wonder this time again, a Genetic Handlebar :) obviously you make alot of fine components there in UK ;)

• Agree
Reactions: IR772 and EddiePJ

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I'll celebrate with you in a minute with a bottle of Sharp's Doom Bar. I needed an excuse to open one! :)
I'm too old to need excuses. Like a nice Doom Bar, although have developed a recent liking for Sharp's Atlantic (NB: as well - not instead of :D)

Gaz

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Look what I found like 3 min ride from home!! A mountainside I have been curious about, with great view on top. And the best of all, you don't see much other than nature from here, like an oasis in the neighborhood. The cars made some noise otherwise you would have thought you were way out in the wilderness :)

20170323_172851.jpg

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
...but just that part of the view is visible from our living room. This morning was really beautiful. This is when looking deciding what clothes to have, it was frosty so I took a little more than I wanted :)

IMG_7039_edit2.jpg

But I have found an awesome new trail just beside our quarter. It leads to a 1m drop in the end! To be honest I have just started tackling those challenges, I thought I must do it, it can't be so hard if you just do it right (pull the bike so you land flat). But today I almost manage to fail because just before the drop I started to think :) never think when biking. Just ride! :) (almost like the popular Yoda quote "there is no try, just do" or something).

I wonder if the Bosch motor likes the drop as much as I do. Feels like it puts hard stress on the bearings and so on. Well well, it is a mountain bike for christ sake, it should be designed for it!

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Today was fantastic. Tested some new trails and what a find. One was on the edgeof the cliff. And so this hill that is quite scary IRL but it worked really well. Good speed when down on the bridge [emoji2] fantastic area this Delsjön of Gothenburg.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Related Articles

Advertisers