The Chimera ebike.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I've named my latest ebike 'The Chimera'.

Definition of chimera

1. a fire-breathing she-monster in Greek mythology having a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.

2. an imaginary monster compounded of incongruous parts.

In this case, half Cyclotricity ebike and half Carrera mountain bike. :)

Reactions: IR772

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Very nice. Hope you enjoy it!

I was tempted myself when Davy posted it a few days ago at a very good price.

I've been planing to get a hub drive for years but I think I'd prefer a rear wheel motor.

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Very nice. Hope you enjoy it!

I was tempted myself when Davy posted it a few days ago at a very good price.

I've been planing to get a hub drive for years but I think I'd prefer a rear wheel motor.
I have one of those too. The sound is amplified by the camera's mic. With my mp3 player playing music, it's fine. It's a good bike for my dog walking needs. :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Does that make 3 ebikes?

What speed were you going at the end as it looked fast.
Yes, 3 now. I gifted the regular MTB Boardman bike to my son in law. He's into all that strava business and was well chuffed. :)

With a bit of work I see 22 mph onscreen. Achievable due to me being not very heavy. :D

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
New forum post " How many ebikes do you own ?" with a survey.

Started by 3bikes Leigh Ping
Haha! :D It's been a lot worse. When the kids were still at home we all had bikes, including the mrs. 5 in total. Hardly ever used either.

They all still have their own bikes, but at least they're not round here anymore. My daughter's flogged her cheap full sus mtb, the one in this video, that she bought last year for £90. She gave it away for £20. Her preference now is to use one of mine. I like that they get used a lot. :)

• Agree
D

Deleted member 4366

I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. I quite liked it. It reminded me a lot of my first ebike. I like them all really, but it couldn't match my Xiongda Rocky Mountain.

Reactions: LeighPing