Two new Woosh bikes are on the way

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You've said it all, what else is there left to ask? I think Woosh that you are taking the "P"
We could discuss whether the this year we'll see more fat bikes or should fat bikes be fitted with mudguards and rack. We could talk
about the choice of components. Why use the Bafang SWX02 instead of the Bafang MaxDrive or a DD motor? we could compare it against its rivals. etc.
I supply the basic information, the rest it's up to you.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
like the idea of 15 17ah option for fatboy, what size wheels are fitted and can one fit slimmer tyres say 2"
can the 15 or 17ah battery be mounted on the mtb vertion ?

cost of fatboy with 17ah weight of mtb bike?

and torque /nm for both moters please any dealers in my neck of the woods Hertfordshire?

thank you

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Fatboy uses 26" fat tyres. Minimum tyre width is 2.6".

can the 15 or 17ah battery be mounted on the mtb vertion ?
Not yet. We keep 17HL batteries because of the BBS02 kits we sell.

torque /nm for both motors
60NM on the Rio MTB
80NM on the Fat Boy

any dealers in my neck of the woods Hertfordshire?
You are not that far from Southend! a trip to the seaside would be a treat :)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
An adjustable stem - as fitted to both bikes - is not recommended for serious off-road use.

I doubt either bike would stand up to that for long anyway, but anyone doing so would be advised to fit a rigid stem.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks RobF.
Duly noted.
I'll make sure it is in the manual and we will offer to fit a rigid stem for those who prefer it.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Hello John,
Did you get the controller I posted yesterday?
The Bafang RM G06 has same power and torque, between the SWX02 and the BPM, but a bit lighter than the BPM and is made for fat bikes (wider dropout 170mm-175mm instead of 135mm for normal bikes).
Hello Woosh. That's interesting. I've read that the SWX02 is 90% as powerful as the BPM. So the G06 being between the two would be about 95% as powerful as the BPM?
I received a voice message from Hatti explaining that the controller needed to be re-sent to me and I understand that it was then despatched on Thursday. It hasn't arrived yet.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am very sorry for the mistake. The address label was made for your old address.I'll find out what happens and get back to you on Monday.
So the G06 being between the two would be about 95% as powerful as the BPM?
I think the G06 is actually better than the BPM, Bafang also make it in 500W and 750W but it's smaller in diameter, same weight compared to the BPM. It also runs quieter.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bafang-rear-powerd-hub-motor-RM-G06-350-DC-special-for-fat-electric-bicycle-kits/32573588042.html

D

Deleted member 4366

Hello Woosh. That's interesting. I've read that the SWX02 is 90% as powerful as the BPM. So the G06 being between the two would be about 95% as powerful as the BPM?
I received a voice message from Hatti explaining that the controller needed to be re-sent to me and I understand that it was then despatched on Thursday. It hasn't arrived yet.
It's the controller that determines how much power you get, not the motor. The motor only needs to be able to handle the power that the controller gives it.

the motor can have an effect on power by way of its efficiency. That's determined by the winding speed, not size or shape of the motor.

• Informative
Reactions: Sarabee and John_S

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
I am very sorry for the mistake. The address label was made for your old address.I'll find out what happens and get back to you on Monday.

I think the G06 is actually better than the BPM, Bafang also make it in 500W and 750W but it's smaller in diameter, same weight compared to the BPM. It also runs quieter.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bafang-rear-powerd-hub-motor-RM-G06-350-DC-special-for-fat-electric-bicycle-kits/32573588042.html
Thank you and no worries. Do you know if the controller has been despatched to my new address yet?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know. If it's not done, I'll take it to the post Monday morning and email you the tracking code like I did last Wednesday.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello MS,
frame size: 44cm (measured from middle of bottom bracket to top of seat tube).

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
I don't know. If it's not done, I'll take it to the post Monday morning and email you the tracking code like I did last Wednesday.
Thank you. I received the email this morning. Which member of the Woosh team are you who posts on these forums? Just curious lol

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's me, Tony, the post (office) boy.
I also do demos and work Saturdays.
Other members of the woosh team:
Hatti (the boss)
Andy, her right hand man who replies to all your technical queries
Jim, your motor man who also services all our bikes
Andy H: who preps all our bikes
Philip: who packs all our bikes
Tony: I post here, do demos and go to the post office.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
FP, both have pedal sensors and full acting throttle but you have to pedal a bit to activate the throttle.
The chainring is 44T on both.

This is the chainring on the Rio MTB. Classy, isn't it?

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-mtb

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
The more I look at the Rio mtb the more I like it.

I've been tempted to get a hub driven bike for years and this looks very nicely spec'd for the price.

I'd prefer a bigger capacity battery, but I do like the secure battery integration and I could easily purchase an additional one, for longer trips, if the price is as inexpensive as your other batteries.

I'd probably swap out the forks for a rigid carbon one as the large tyres give all the comfort I need for my mainly road riding.
It would give a nice weight saving too.

Could you please tell me if the lights are powered from the main battery?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you kenny.
The Omega fork on the Rio MTB is quite light, 2.2kgs.
A replacement 13AH battery costs £250 including courier cost. I ordered a new batch with 17AH battery in this format, arriving September. The price with 17AH will be a little higher.
The lights are powered with small AA batteries.