Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You really are unbelievably ignorant and childish.
and you are obviously not.
Grow up and accept we don't all want the same things.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Woosh
When are you going to realise anyone on this thread who says anything remotely positive about Brexit must be an idiotic racist. Now just stop trying to be positive and face thread facts, our government are all fascists controlled by Rupert Murdoch,; any folk supporting leaving are misinformed, poorly educated and racist.

Its far easier to let OG and Bigot Tom grovel in their abject misery of thoughts of leaving. Just agree with them for goodness sake. You know you are wasting your time.
Good efforts and unbelievable patience with the pair of half wits tho.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
oldtom said he's got an open mind.
Let's see when he opens his and accepts that other people may have different view.

Last edited:

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the calculation includes accounts to render (RAL, reste à liquider) from 2014 to 2019, promises made by the EU government to member states up to 2023 and to their officials.
Our share of liabilities is around 12%.
The RAL amounts to about €29-36 billion.
An obscure law – Regulation No. 1303/2013 – is critical.
Dubbed the ‘common provisions’ regulation, few in the
UK would ever have heard of it. But it may leave Britain on
the hook for its share of the €143 billion of cohesion and
rural development spending executed after Brexit.
Our share of this European Strategic Investment Fund will probably disputed.
The last big slice is the pension provision for EU officials and it is vast: €63.8 billion.
Our share of assets would offset some of these numbers, bringing the net amount to about £25 billions.
I think we will have to pay, however, the bigger the bill, the more justified the vote to get out of the EU. Imagine the size of the bill had we stayed another 20 years.
The EU is like all bureaucratic systems, you give them a credit card, they'll find ways to spend your money to promote themselves as indispensable.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
.... And I joked about setting the EU border along Hadrian's wall , not realising that it was a possibility!
It's not so much as possibility as much as it's the answer to a prayer. ;) Theres people up here who don't care which side of that wall is in the Eu as long as it's a border. :)

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc
We should ask to see the EU accounts before we pay anything. How do they know what we might owe when they can't even get them signed off. Maybe they should get some back from the scams they have wasted billions on
You do realise that's just another of the myths that was pedaled / exaggerated by vote leave before the referendum.

The accounts have been signed off - and I quote:

"The EU’s Court of Auditors regularly “signs off”—in its own words—the reliability of the accounts themselves, and has given them a clean bill of health for the last eight years."

So they have been signed off, and you can view them if you want.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I suspect a great many of these vociferous proponents of 'Brexit' are probably too young to have any memory of, or suffered from, the reality of major warfare. That perhaps mitigates slightly their ignorance and complete misunderstanding of the EU ideal.

For those who missed WW2, Korea, Aden, Palestine, Kenya, perhaps The Falklands too, there is no concept of war beyond what can be read in history books or watched in various TV channels and Movies. That is a long way away from having to vacate one's property and go a long way underground to avoid enemy bombs, never knowing whether there would actually be a home to which you can return.

Having to send children out of the cities into the care of people in the countryside, completely unknown, for a little more safety than was possible in the targeted towns and cities probably seems an alien concept. Equally, migrating children to foreign lands not impacted by war is probably a real stretch for the imagination. Fortunately, our children so delivered out of the UK when it seemed that we might be overrun by enemy troops at any time, were warmly received by their hosts, unlike their 21st century counterparts from war-torn regions in the middle-east and in Afghanistan.

People so affected by warfare, whether combatants or civilians, tend to be more interested in food and shelter than in stocks and share prices or currency fluctuations, difficult to grasp unless one has been under fire, taken as a POW, or witnessed death on an industrial scale, including family and friends.

I really do find it grossly offensive that so many can so blithely ignore the lessons of history and adopt racist views in this 21st century when they have probably never had to deal with the effects of major war and the kind of fear that instills in innocent people.

The creation of the EU is the greatest political initiative ever to come to fruition in world history and its value to the peoples of Europe particularly, is incalculable, yet in this thread, I read repeatedly about cost, about money, about value and so on, completely disregarding the most important element of the European Union, its people, their safety and well-being and the environment we are creating for our children and future generations.

It pains me to read certain individuals expressing the merits and demerits of the economy and how it may or may not benefit their personal wealth accumulation if this, that or the other should occur, suggesting they have much to gain or much to lose, depending on future events. It pains me because there are many far less fortunate who have nothing to lose and yet, those with much to lose happily support a government, representative only of those with accumulated wealth, when it sends our military forces to deliver further death and destruction on people who have nothing; people with nothing to lose and then they worry about their personal safety from the only way desperate people can respond when they have nothing left to lose.

It seems the slight possibility of a few extra pieces of silver for a very small number is more important than the welfare of our fellow man. Perhaps it has always been that way.

Tom

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just to be clear, that is not true. Your previous statement about me was a lie. Is there anything else you wish to reveal about your capacity for intelligent thought?

Tom
so you continue to belittle and insult me.
Do you realize you are the only person who consider himself so superior?

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: tillson and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I see this thread is still going strong huh? Jolly good. Just two more days till we get our freedom back! The good news just keeps coming. Today from the Telegraph I saw this:

"Sir James Dyson, the billionaire investor, has said he is "enormously optimistic" about Britain's prospects outside the EU and believes that the UK has nothing to fear from a hard Brexit.

The inventor said that if the UK fails to secure a trade deal with Brussels and has to resort to World Trade Organisation tariffs, which range from 5 per cent to 10 per cent, it will be a "tiny penalty to pay".

He highlighted the fact that his business already pays World Trade Organisation tariffs because it manufactures products in Singapore then exports them around the World.

Sir James, who backed Brexit, said: “They have not held us back at all. It is clearly not a barrier to exporting into Europe.”

Sir James said that he does not expect Britain's to have to fall back on WTO tariffs: "I don’t believe it will get to that, it’s not in Europe’s interests,” he said.

In an interview with the BBC Sir James said that he is "enormously optimistic" about the UK's trading prospects in future.

He said: "Europe's only 15 per cent of the global market and the really fast-expanding markets are in the Far East.

"I'm enormously optimistic because looking outwards to the rest of the world is very, very important because that's the fast-growing bit."

Great huh? Darn all the negativity. Have a nice day.
Great comical comment there!

""Sir James Dyson, the billionaire investor, has said he is "enormously optimistic" about Britain's prospects outside the EU and believes that the UK has nothing to fear from a hard Brexit.

This wouldn't be the same Dyson that makes the Vacuum cleaners that Which Magazine rated as having the poorest design and manufacture standards with the worst complaints and customer care records would it?
And who moved manufacturing from the UK to Singapore?

What would that idiot with his badly designed, overpriced and unreliable
gimmicky products made in Singapore have to offer as advice on Brexit, other than the fact that he took the hint and moved production to the Far east?
Are all Brexit voters as detached from reality as you appear to be?
:p:p:p:p

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Woosh
When are you going to realise anyone on this thread who says anything remotely positive about Brexit must be an idiotic racist. Now just stop trying to be positive and face thread facts, our government are all fascists controlled by Rupert Murdoch,; any folk supporting leaving are misinformed, poorly educated and racist.

Its far easier to let OG and Bigot Tom grovel in their abject misery of thoughts of leaving. Just agree with them for goodness sake. You know you are wasting your time.
Good efforts and unbelievable patience with the pair of half wits tho.
Still using the gratuitous insults? standard Brexit position of having your head in the sand, and since you couldn't make your mind up to vote for or against Brexit, why do you object so strongly?
So I am a half wit? what does that make you?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Wicky

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
so you continue to belittle and insult me.
I think you manage that extremely well all by yourself, just by your contributions to this topic. If you possess any self-respect, you should desist from making such a fool of yourself in this public forum.

As for your statement that I consider myself superior, well, I have to confess that in your company, I most certainly am superior to you. Is that a problem for you? In any case, don't you like people with a confident, superior attitude? You seem to be a big fan of Farage, the PM and the chinless wonders who make a mockery of parliamentary democracy on the tory benches of the H of C.

Never mind; you probably possess some hidden talents that everyone will come to admire.....one day.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
oldtom, yes, you are totally right as usual.
I bow to your superior intellect and your perfect command of the English language.

• :D
Reactions: OxygenJames

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

Advertisers