Hello from Stafforshire Moorlands

Bastiarno

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 21, 2017
Cheadle Staffs
Hello, I live in Cheadle Staffs and have just bought my first electric bike after many years of using a "normal" bike. I have an Avocet Lectro Peak Mountain e bike which too be honest I had never heard of but I like the look and feel of the bike and it has many generic parts. It goes well and I bought it from a small local retailer in Cheadle so it is convenient for after sales service and supports an independent retailer. I hope to contribute to the forum in future

Reactions: LeighPing

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
The one at the top of the markets steps with a joint photo shop incorporated?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I'm bound to see you about then, happy biking.

Reactions: LeighPing

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Hello, I live in Cheadle Staffs and have just bought my first electric bike after many years of using a "normal" bike. I have an Avocet Lectro Peak Mountain e bike which too be honest I had never heard of but I like the look and feel of the bike and it has many generic parts. It goes well and I bought it from a small local retailer in Cheadle so it is convenient for after sales service and supports an independent retailer. I hope to contribute to the forum in future
Hi Bastiarno and welcome to ebiking you have some great cycling country on your doorstep, maybe see you around the peak.

Reactions: Bastiarno

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Hi Croxden, we arent too far away from each other, I almost went for a R and M, before opting for the Kalkhoff. Do you ever get down Uttox cycles?
No I'm afraid not, Uttoxeter is another world to me.

Bastiarno

Jun 21, 2017
Cheadle Staffs
Further to this, I have returned the bike to the dealer. From pretty much day 1 there has been a clunking from the bottom bracket. I was not happy is having the parts stripped down and replaced so I was offered a refund which I have accepted and am now looking for an alternative. Hats off to the dealer but the bike quality is clearly suspect

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Further to this, I have returned the bike to the dealer. From pretty much day 1 there has been a clunking from the bottom bracket. I was not happy is having the parts stripped down and replaced so I was offered a refund which I have accepted and am now looking for an alternative. Hats off to the dealer but the bike quality is clearly suspect
If you would like a ride on mine for testing purposes send me PM.

It might give you an idea of what you might like.

Bastiarno

Jun 21, 2017
Cheadle Staffs
Thanks Croxden I've ordered the Carrera from Halfords. Don'f fancy mail order so next best to local shop and got 10% off so just over £1k, tbh bike looks ok and was impressed with test ride. Maybe see you around

Bastiarno

Jun 21, 2017
Cheadle Staffs
Picked the Carrera up from Halfords in Fenton last night and rode it the 9.5 miles to Cheadle. Really enjoyed the ride. Left the motor on eco for most of the way except a few hills when I cranked it up. When I got home I still had 85% battery which seems pretty good. I was also very pleased with the service from Halfords as I know it can be hit or miss depending on who serves you. The bike was ready when promised and Rob was very helpful

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
On eco, was that going down Delphouse?

I remember having my first ebike, the best feeling in the world for an old'un.

Long may it last.

Last edited:

Bastiarno

Jun 21, 2017
Cheadle Staffs
I have now returned the Halfords Carrera for a refund. In the first 30 miles it cut out almost every couple of miles. I am very disspointed and guess if I want a reliable bike I will have to increase my budget considerably, so for now it's back to naturally aspirated cycling!

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Aw that's crap, such a disappointment.
Have a look at Juicy bikes, they can't be too far from you and post regularly here. Seem to have great customer service.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi i bought a Juicy Bike for my wife six weeks ago from New Mills, she loves it, build quality is good and so far totally reliable. well worth a visit to the showroom in New Mills, nice people with no hard sell.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs