hi everyone newbie here

codger1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 21, 2017
birmingham
hi to everyone,
newbie to great site,
i am a 56 year old waiting for an operation and an e bike is the way forward i think (no pun intended), hope to get involved and get some great advice,

cheers,have a good weekend :)

Last edited:

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Codger - have a good weekend yourself :)

Gaz

Moss Creeper

Sep 21, 2017
Lancashire
cheers gaz :)
Welcome to the forum Codger! great name even tho I have more than a decade on you!:) Perhaps I could be Owd Codger, and you Young Codger:Dlol
It would be interesting to see how many olduns there are in our forum
come on chaps wave your flag!!:D:D

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
hi to everyone,
newbie to great site,
i am a 56 year old waiting for an operation and an e bike is the way forward i think (no pun intended), hope to get involved and get some great advice,

cheers,have a good weekend :)
Hi Codger, welcome to the forum. Any idea which ebike you might go for?

codger1

Sep 21, 2017
birmingham
hi robbieg cheers,
i am going down the kit route as money is tight and have bike to install it on,probably electricbikeconversion co.uk 700c rear kit on their website,what do you reckon....

codger1

Sep 21, 2017
birmingham
hi mr creeper,
thanks,you are as old as you feel,in my case it wasn't great when i joined:), yeah should be young codger:)

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Hi codger,I fitted one of their kits (250w 36v 26" rear wheel) and it's been good so far,Am 6ft 1" 20+ stone and it works fine for me,It's one of the cheaper kits available but it does the job.

codger1

Sep 21, 2017
birmingham
hi tabs,
good to know,they come with a 6 speed freewheel fitted don't they,i have an 8 speed click shift on the bike i am using,hope to get away a with putting a 7 speed freewheel on,with fettling,worried about chain line
cheers

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Aye 6 speed freewheel,I did fit a 7 speed freewheel and it worked fine until the bearings inside it failed(think it was a cheap Chinese copy)so the 6 speed is back on until I can find another 7 speed freewheel at a reasonable price.

codger1

Sep 21, 2017
birmingham
cheers,i am looking for a 7 speed now,a bit of mooching on the net should do it:),impatient now the ideas in my head to get a kit