OK, so if want oil my chain!

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
This post is aimed at those that keep their bikes super clean and trailworthy.. Yes, you know who you are!.. Just a normal run of the mill service but as we can't backpedal the chainset it's a bit of a pain to do.
Yes I have a bike stand, and yes I can use that but in my small garage i have a car, 2 bikes, a lawn mower, leaf blower, rotovator, tools cabinet and much more so stand is packed away and not so easilly accessible.
What i realy need is a small, inexpensive, and did i say SMALL, prop stand that will lift the wheel off of the ground and allow pedaling to oil the chain. I have seen some that fit in the hole in hollow tech cranks and would like something similar ...
So, how do you oil your chain?
i am not sure which bike you have but on the yamaha if you turn the front chainring (sprocket) backwards by hand then the chain will move .
not as easy as turning the cranks i,ll admit but it does work..

• Agree
Reactions: argoose

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I

I've just got one of these for my Moustache Samedi, really stable.
:)
I read a few reviews which suggested these were a bit fragile but bought one of them anyway..
Needn't have worried as they support both the Scott emtb and the Giant eRoad without issue . Good to be able to spin the cranks for lubing or a quick clean with the chain cleaner thing (another job that needed the chain running backwards).
So...
Thanks for the link.[emoji320][emoji320][emoji320]

Related Articles

Advertisers