A random thread for things too unimportant for their own thread...

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
He was forecast to be runner up to Anthony Joshua, but I think the asthma drug story will have blown that.

That leaves Lewis Hamilton as the runner up to Joshua, so Hamilton could become one of the few double winners.
I,ll bet AJ doesn't get Amir Khan's vote, might get Mrs Khan,s...

• :D
Reactions: flecc

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
It adds to the entertainment.

Lets face it, if sport didn't entertain there wouldn't be any prize money, so the more entertainment, the more money comes in.
Sport is better without prize money. Anyway, I quite like unemotional, focused, inscrutable sportsmen. Bjorn Borg and Steve Davies. You can just marvel at the determination and prowess.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Hate to be the bringer of such bad news to you all but I,n afraid we will all be unable to watch this years FA cup final as it clashes with the not to be missed at any cost Royal Wedding. Please don't shoot the messenger.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hate to be the bringer of such bad news to you all but I,n afraid we will all be unable to watch this years FA cup final as it clashes with the not to be missed at any cost Royal Wedding. Please don't shoot the messenger
In what way bad news ? I'd rather be doing stuff Than watching other people doing stuff.
Some people watch whilst others do ;)

Reactions: Gubbins

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
In what way bad news ? I'd rather be doing stuff Than watching other people doing stuff.
Some people watch whilst others do ;)
Bad news because you cant watch both , live that is...well sort of live ..

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Still not seeing it as bad news,o_O I wouldn't want to watch either let alone both :p
Ok..only bad news for the Royalist football supporting forumites, which I,d assumed was most of us..well all of us surely.?
You,ll be saying you dont watch strictly next..

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ok..only bad news for the Royalist football supporting forumites, which I,d assumed was most of us..well all of us surely.?
You,ll be saying you dont watch strictly next..
No, I'm with the rest, can happily do without the Cup Final and the royal family. The latter I'd flog off to the Americans, they've already bought London Bridge so we can ship them Buckingham Palace as well.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
No, I'm with the rest, can happily do without the Cup Final and the royal family. The latter I'd flog off to the Americans, they've already bought London Bridge so we can ship them Buckingham Palace as well.
I was once told that I needed to get a life! And all because I didn't want to join a bunch of roundy drunks shouting at a tv screen.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I was once told that I needed to get a life! And all because I didn't want to join a bunch of roundy drunks shouting at a tv screen.
No, just watch Strictly, Cup Final and Royal Wedding on catch up..You,ll be fine...

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I have a confession to make. It's really true and an embarrassing secret that i hope no one finds out.. In my life i have never been to a football match!
That's not a confession - it's something to be proud of! I had to endure football matches as part of my long-forgotten occupation however I never went to one in my private life, even though, many years ago when Dunfermline won the Scottish cup, I lived within a stone's throw of the stadium.

Jim

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That's not a confession - it's something to be proud of! I had to endure football matches as part of my long-forgotten occupation however I never went to one in my private life, even though, many years ago when Dunfermline won the Scottish cup, I lived within a stone's throw of the stadium.

Jim
Ah yes, but I also watch strictly!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have a confession to make. It's really true and an embarrassing secret that i hope no one finds out.. In my life i have never been to a football match!
I went to one once! I was invited by a big telecoms outfit and did the whole VIP seat - 3 course meal after - meet the players thing.

I have been to so many international rugby games I've lost count however.

Advertisers