is there a phone gps app that shows the route you have ridden

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all
while there seems to be plenty off apps where you can plot a course,
I am not sure if there is anything that shows you the route you have ridden

I recently did a ride and used my garmin edge 200 uploaded ride to garmin dashboard and strava.

when I looked at my route only a couple ot the roads used were shown?
are there any apps that show the roads etc

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
I’m sure there will be several. I use Komoot for planning but you can also record an unplanned route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Oruxmaps

D

Deleted member 4366

Sports Tracker is really good. I use it for every ride. You get the map, you can compare different rides, it shows calories, climbing and all sorts of other interesting info. I use the free version.

It has all sorts of advanced functions, but all i do is press start and stop each time I go for a ride, then I can see all the data. It's really simple to use.

https://www.sports-tracker.com/

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
Strava does do this - go through your training log, click on a ride, and the route you went on should be shown.

You can also use the third party service 'relive' to render a very nifty animation of where you've been.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
thanks rower with strava I find it shows a route but does not seem to show all of the road names.
I installed sports tracker and set it to cycling and miles.

although I was on a bus it showed route taken, speed,miles etc.

what I am not sure about is can you reverse the route and follow it back to start point , can you save route to a pc

thanks all

D

Deleted member 4366

thanks rower with strava I find it shows a route but does not seem to show all of the road names.
I installed sports tracker and set it to cycling and miles.

although I was on a bus it showed route taken, speed,miles etc.

what I am not sure about is can you reverse the route and follow it back to start point , can you save route to a pc

thanks all
Yes. You sign up to an on-line account, then you can login and see all your records on the PC, where you can zoom in and see every detail. here's a screen-shot:

route.jpg

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
hi all
while there seems to be plenty off apps where you can plot a course,
I am not sure if there is anything that shows you the route you have ridden

I recently did a ride and used my garmin edge 200 uploaded ride to garmin dashboard and strava.

when I looked at my route only a couple ot the roads used were shown?
are there any apps that show the roads etc
BioLogic BikeBrain

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
I use Map my Ride free on Android, it integrates with Google Maps, I am well happy with it, you can also access the results via a web browser for more information.