The right helmet?

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
I've never been a fan of bicycle helmets. Strangely, extra weight over my head makes me light-headed. That includes super light and heavy helmets. I hope I'm not the only weirdo out there.

That said, my most pressing issue is finding a helmet that can also act as a hat. I'm photo-sensitive and tend to wear a hat whenever outside in the sun. I found a helmet that has a little cap on the front, but it wasn't near enough. Did anybody come across helmets that can also cover your eyes and face from the sun?

Thanks!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just get some decent sun glasses :)

• :D
Reactions: E Moses

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id not wear that if you gave it me for free lol them visors are not a cool look.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Russelliow

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
iom
I think I'm going to have to start wearing a helmet. For the second time yesterday someone tried to over take me as I indicated right and moved to the middle of the road. I don't understand the logic of that but there we go, I assume they are still teaching learner drivers how a cyclic indicates?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think I'm going to have to start wearing a helmet. For the second time yesterday someone tried to over take me as I indicated right and moved to the middle of the road. I don't understand the logic of that but there we go, I assume they are still teaching learner drivers how a cyclic indicates?
Three of my regular right turns are on very busy roads so if i can't see a decent gap in my mirror I stop and wait till there is one.

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
I did even have a left-right indicator on my bike and drivers still ignored that.

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
Back to OP question, a mate of mine used to ride in a full face downhill helmet

another used to use balaclava style thingy in winter that pretty much covered everything. You can get some awesome ones these days (google cycle balaclava cat!), but would still be a killer in warm weather

I prefer my Bern, which keeps the sun out my eyes and the rain of my bonce but isn't what you seem to be after

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Helmet 02.jpg Helmet 03.jpg I suffer with photo-phobia which is basically a bad reaction to bright lights so I wear react-alight prescription glasses and cant wear the stock wrap around cycling sunglasses. When I step outdoors int bright sunlight I am blinded until my eyes slowly adjust and am also affected when going from areas of shade into full sun, or riding under trees that give dappled light and shade. My glasses when dark are OK but dont offer much protection from flying insects or other wind blown artefacts so the idea of a visored helmet has been with me for some time.
I have now had 2 rides with my new helmet, one was in bright sunlight and the dark visor was excellent and I was able to relax my eyes and I no longer needed to squint or half shut them to be able to see, and the second was today while it is cold, dull and windy, on both rides there was no wind on my face, and surprisingly I didnt feel in any way restricted by the tinted visor on the dull day. I stopped for a chat a couple of times and it was really easy to one handedly turn the visor up to expose my face to talk to others.
It also has an insect net under the vents which seems a good idea, and as I stopped worrying about "looking cool" a long time ago and dont really care how others think I look I will be using it all the time.
I have never been any good taking selfies so pulled these from my CCTV,

Reactions: Grey

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
View attachment 24339 View attachment 24340 I suffer with photo-phobia which is basically a bad reaction to bright lights so I wear react-alight prescription glasses and cant wear the stock wrap around cycling sunglasses. When I step outdoors int bright sunlight I am blinded until my eyes slowly adjust and am a
I
I've got a similar condition - my eyes and bright sunlight are arch enemies. Cool outfit and helmet, BTW. Fantastic bike.

Oh, a side note, you kinda look like my father in law. :D