Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
  • Dislike
Reactions: RobF and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
When I was a young and impoverished secondary school student, I purchased a pair of shoes from what was then a new factory by the name of TUF shoes. They were into the utility not luxury market and would have been having contracts with post officers and police forces . They would offer a full years warranty . My use on shoes was massive, from walking everywhere, /.. didn't have a bike most of the time, and with that usage the shoes would only last 6 months. I happily went for my first replacement, no problem, my second no problem, my third , no problem and then my conscience started to speak to me...
Perhaps yours might speak to you..

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
Never seen someone go from squeaking far right insults to moralising bore in so short space a time....

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
at the risk of causing offence, creating enemies, or making things worse can we not "live and let live", to "agree to disagree"

This forum is mostly a friendly, easy going place - heck its not like we are debating politics, religion or philosophy here -well not directly anyhow

Its clear some folks don't agree with / like some of the actions discussed. The OP has been pretty open and Decathlon have made a decision. Life goes on

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Decathlon made their decision purely to shut the customer up, nothing more. They had no legal obligation to issue a refund, it would never had got through a small claims court and Decathlon simply aquiesced to the increasing number of serial expectants that we get these days. As has been mentioned, conscience comes into play in these situations and is why I would never have considered taking it back. Bully for you that you got away with it.

I simply keep a stubby ring spanner in my puncture kit to avoid the horrendous life changing disaster that you speak of.

• Agree
Reactions: Danidl

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
Cheers for the moralising lecture grandad, I'll be sure to take your made-from-a-position-of-ignorance rantings on board and feel very very guilty for taking back a product that wasn't performing to my spec to a multinational corporate giant, with >1000 outlets across the globe. I might give it all up and join the foreign legion in order to forget :(

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Danidl

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Cheers for the moralising lecture grandad, I'll be sure to take your made-from-a-position-of-ignorance rantings on board and feel very very guilty for taking back a product that wasn't performing to my spec to a multinational corporate giant, with >1000 outlets across the globe. I might give it all up and join the foreign legion in order to forget :(
Just grow up.. perhaps in time you will. I am not interested in continuing such a conversation.

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
Just grow up.. perhaps in time you will. I am not interested in continuing such a conversation.
Got a Football Lads Alliance rally to be getting along to maybe? I don't care, don't bother wasting my time again.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Ah I see, the fact that they are a 'multinational corporate giant with >1000 outlets across the globe' makes all the difference to ones conscience.

As for 'rantings', I think you will find I have ranted far less than yourself, snowflake. Love, Grandad.

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
Ah I see, the fact that they are a 'multinational corporate giant with >1000 outlets across the globe' makes all the difference to ones conscience.
No, the fact that they outwardly are fine with accepting back bikes that aren't wanted in less than a year is what makes the difference. Looks like reading comprehension isn't going too well for you. Had a bad day? Learned that your daughter's got a new boyfriend or something and you're having a fit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
I think you are quite odd. As for comprehension, I am not sure where your bile regarding racism came from.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why do so many of these "complaining about an e-bike" posts degenerate into such nastiness?
Not just e-bikes. I remember years ago on a computer forum that the same happened there with product complaints. One discussion concerning a scanner that had failed two days beyond warranty escalated to an unbelievable degree.

I suppose the undemanding and the demanding both casting themselves as entirely reasonable! :rolleyes:

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
I think you are quite odd. As for comprehension, I am not sure where your bile regarding racism came from.
Ah, that would be the bit where you and your mate started using slurs you learned from the far right about snowflakes - up next is 'cuckservative' I suppose.
(removed by admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Not just e-bikes. I remember years ago on a computer forum that the same happened there with product complaints. One discussion concerning a scanner that had failed two days beyond warranty escalated to an unbelievable degree.

I suppose the undemanding and the demanding both casting themselves as entirely reasonable! :rolleyes:
I sounds more like armchair gladiators threatening handbags at dawn.. I try to conduct myself in the same manner I would if we were face to face, and however I disagree with another's point of view I would never resort to personal insults..
As seems to be the case here.. and it's so unnecessary, and off-putting as I really like the banter..

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm good at spotting the guys that are easily wound up. I can't resist it. I'm bad, but it's their fault for being suckers.

• Dislike
Reactions: EddiePJ