No income tax, no VAT
No money back, no guarantee
Black or white, rich or broke
We'll cut prices at a stroke!

just joking.

willywombat

Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2015
I know this is an old thread but felt some of you pedelecers ganged up on the OP unfairly. If Decathlon offer a money back promise (if you are unsatisfied )then he was perfectly entitled to return the bike despite the miles covered. I agree some of his complaints were very minor and easily rectified by any competent fettler, so maybe that's what annoyed you but it appeared he was not the world's greatest engineer (alu/alu rust,spanner etc) .IMO he's perfectly entitled to take advantage of Decathlons offer ..conscience does not come into it. As said they are a massive company making vast profits and will, like most companies ,extract as much cash from the consumer as they can .No doubt they take advantage of their buying power and pay the minimum for the products they sell. Yes the OP may have appeared to be a bit of a whiner but if I was unhappy with a bike for whatever reason and was able to get my money back, I ,like most others I believe, would do so. Too much bullying and squabbling online these days.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I know this is an old thread but felt some of you pedelecers ganged up on the OP unfairly. If Decathlon offer a money back promise (if you are unsatisfied )then he was perfectly entitled to return the bike despite the miles covered. I agree some of his complaints were very minor and easily rectified by any competent fettler, so maybe that's what annoyed you but it appeared he was not the world's greatest engineer (alu/alu rust,spanner etc) .IMO he's perfectly entitled to take advantage of Decathlons offer ..conscience does not come into it. As said they are a massive company making vast profits and will, like most companies ,extract as much cash from the consumer as they can .No doubt they take advantage of their buying power and pay the minimum for the products they sell. Yes the OP may have appeared to be a bit of a whiner but if I was unhappy with a bike for whatever reason and was able to get my money back, I ,like most others I believe, would do so. Too much bullying and squabbling online these days.
You're taking it too seriously. What do you think was the purpose of OP's first post? Nobody could be such an inconsiderate pompous tw@t, so he must have been trolling from the start. All his subsequent posts confirmed that. Most likely, he never had an electric bike. He is clearly an extreme left wing activist. These guys are happy to troll anyone. Maybe he spends most of his time shouting, "Cheat" at guys on electric bikes. Who knows? Anyway, I'd be very careful about feeling sorry for him.

Reactions: orcecaveman

willywombat

Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2015
Well..maybe I'm naive ...if he was a troll then lots of others took the bait. Guess it resonated with me because I have used trial periods many times to help me decide whether a purchase was really a good idea or just an impulse buy .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited: