New build

Pmc1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 19, 2018
Wirral
Looks like a nice build! :)
How is the battery held in place?
Any problems with the clearance between battery and front tyre?
Asking because I'm considering a similar build myself.
Thanks

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Battery is held in with the two bosses/M5 bolts used for the cable guides and I have installed three extra steel M5 rivnuts including drilling through the metal plate twice on the mount. For more enthusiastic offroad excursions, I use a few of these to make sure the battery is extra secure.

Front tyre clears the pack by 1cm at full compression.

Had it's maiden offroad ride at Gisburn today, it performed flawlessly.

Reactions: D C and Pmc1

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Looks sweet amigafan ! Very clean

Is that a bling ring ? Can’t quite see but seems to have something else written down the side ?

Also 02 or 01 ? And what lcd is that please

And finally, nice to see you back here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
I'm also considering a build like this on a voodoo zobop. There isn't enough room in the triangle for a decent battery (just using a pair of 5s lipos for testing). Fitting a battery under the downtube is a good idea if I can find a battery case small enough for a 10s 6p battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm also considering a build like this on a voodoo zobop. There isn't enough room in the triangle for a decent battery (just using a pair of 5s lipos for testing). Fitting a battery under the downtube is a good idea if I can find a battery case small enough for a 10s 6p battery.
60 cells + bms doesn't make for a small case.

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
I've done a rough drawing and I could probably squeeze 70 cells in depending on BMS size but it will have to be custom built job.

Advertisers