which battery for 48v 750w baffang ?

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
hello all I was thinking of getting a 36v 350 bafang mid drive, until today.

I was passed by someone on a ebike, who I caught up with and had a chat.

bike had 48v 13ah battery 75ow baffang he used to live in my area so knew all the steep hills I tend to struggle with.

there was a steep hill in the road which we both tried, his ebike went up no trouble, also on a slightly uphill main road he sped away from me.
he uses pas 2 out of 9 most of the time , and range about 40 miles with hills.

looking for bafang 48v 750 ebay prices vary £400+ plus from china the 750 bafang seems to have 25amp controller.

I then notice eclipse bikes will have stock soon at £405 so might order from them?

the 48v battery I am not sure about looked at yosepower 48v but the max current seems to be 20amps?

the eclipse 48v hava a 12amp one with Samsung q cells max current 25-30amps.

your thoughts please

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
the eclipse 48v hava a 12amp one with Samsung q cells max current 25-30amps.

your thoughts please
I'm running a BBS02 750w with Eclipse's Samsung 30Q 12Ah battery, and I can confirm that it's a very very good battery. Bear in mind that I have also programmed my controller to draw sustained amps more of the time, than the usual factory programmed BBS02. The battery just delivers power effortlessly!

Any battery with Samsung 30Q cells and a capacity of 12Ah or more is an excellent match for a BBS02 or BBSHD.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
hello all I was thinking of getting a 36v 350 bafang mid drive, until today.

I was passed by someone on a ebike, who I caught up with and had a chat.

bike had 48v 13ah battery 75ow baffang he used to live in my area so knew all the steep hills I tend to struggle with.

there was a steep hill in the road which we both tried, his ebike went up no trouble, also on a slightly uphill main road he sped away from me.
he uses pas 2 out of 9 most of the time , and range about 40 miles with hills.

looking for bafang 48v 750 ebay prices vary £400+ plus from china the 750 bafang seems to have 25amp controller.

I then notice eclipse bikes will have stock soon at £405 so might order from them?

the 48v battery I am not sure about looked at yosepower 48v but the max current seems to be 20amps?

Bbshd without question.Worth the extra cost.Paired with a 30q 52v battery as others have said.You will be blown away,or rather dragged along hanging onto the handlebars for dear life.Ive got one on a 26"mtb ,with a 15ah 52v .The 30q will not be pushed running 25 - 30 amps continous, the popular panasonic Ga cells probably will.You dont buy a bbshd just to run it on PAS 1 or 2 .Baffles me why so many run any ebike on low PAS, wow factor over range for me any day. I get about 20 miles using mostly full power,inc lots of hills.

I asked Electron cycles for their re programmed for max performance controller option. I think maybe they set 100% keep current. Cant feel any drop off when it gets up to speed.Its full on ear to ear grin.Even on Pas 3, about 13amps, it can maintain 25mph on reasonably level terrain.Whilst Pas5 30amp ive had 32-37 mph on the same. Thats with a 42t x 13t or 15t.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Bbshd without question.Worth the extra cost.Paired with a 30q 52v battery as others have said.You will be blown away,or rather dragged along hanging onto the handlebars for dear life.Ive got one on a 26"mtb ,with a 15ah 52v .The 30q will not be pushed running 25 - 30 amps continous, the popular panasonic Ga cells probably will.You dont buy a bbshd just to run it on PAS 1 or 2 .Baffles me why so many run any ebike on low PAS, wow factor over range for me any day. I get about 20 miles using mostly full power,inc lots of hills.

I asked Electron cycles for their re programmed for max performance controller option. I think maybe they set 100% keep current. Cant feel any drop off when it gets up to speed.Its full on ear to ear grin.Even on Pas 3, about 13amps, it can maintain 25mph on reasonably level terrain.Whilst Pas5 30amp ive had 32-37 mph on the same. Thats with a 42t x 13t or 15t.
Spinning 130 rpm you might be doing 33-34 mph in 42:13, that is what the gear ratio chart says.

To answer your question:

1. I have become strong enough to climb hills in PAS 3 or 4
2. 100 km there and back range to go to the city
3. Drivers aren't expecting an old bald guy on an upright step through bicycle to be doing 45 km/h and so I stay away from those speeds these days, too dangerous - not me, them...

I am all for fun factor and if I could get away with 45 km/h I would have cut off set to that. Then we have the trike, I can do 45 km/h on that without a motor on the flat at cadence and in 48:13. The other night I was climbing a slight incline and a 16 year old kid goes sprinting past on a FS MTB. Slowly passing despite standing on the pedals and giving it all the welly he had. We reach the crest and without changing cadence I change up a gear catch him and stop pedaling matching his speed. I hear a voice from behind "Leave it, he's faster" he pulls over to give me room and I pedal off into the darkness :D

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Spinning 130 rpm you might be doing 33-34 mph in 42:13, that is what the gear ratio chart says.

To answer your question:

1. I have become strong enough to climb hills in PAS 3 or 4
2. 100 km there and back range to go to the city
3. Drivers aren't expecting an old bald guy on an upright step through bicycle to be doing 45 km/h and so I stay away from those speeds these days, too dangerous - not me, them...

I am all for fun factor and if I could get away with 45 km/h I would have cut off set to that. Then we have the trike, I can do 45 km/h on that without a motor on the flat at cadence and in 48:13. The other night I was climbing a slight incline and a 16 year old kid goes sprinting past on a FS MTB. Slowly passing despite standing on the pedals and giving it all the welly he had. We reach the crest and without changing cadence I change up a gear catch him and stop pedaling matching his speed. I hear a voice from behind "Leave it, he's faster" he pulls over to give me room and I pedal off into the darkness :D
Ive no idea about cadence ,to be honest i feel like im only really ghost peddling most of the time ,except on hills. Ive only hit those 30 + speeds on flattish roads out of intrest to see what its capable of. Rural cornish roads, where theres hardly anyone about. Usually i keep to 25 - 28 mph.

I find as with my bbs01 350w its a bugger to cycle with low or no PAS.My 50 year old knees are a bit arthritic, nowadays i really notice it. Ive rigged the bbs01 with a 2nd rack mounted battery in parallel,for long range gentler rides.Ive now got 30ah.But i still only get 45miles ,mostly at 18amp mind.

Im amazed you can achieve 70 mile range on one battery ,what amps are u drawing ,keep current etc out of intrest. Dont know what Electron cycles programming is .They offer their own on request ,for full power potential compared to the factory settings ,whatever that means.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Im amazed you can achieve 70 mile range on one battery ,what amps are u drawing ,keep current etc out of intrest. Dont know what Electron cycles programming is .They offer their own on request ,for full power potential compared to the factory settings ,whatever that means.
I don't have a Bafang but the GSM is a clone and I use an external controller - at the moment 15 Amp - it can handle 48v and 20 Amps (925 W peak). I am experimenting with 44.4v 12S battery which spins faster and gives about 750 W hot off the charger. The motor also runs quieter at the higher voltage.

Strong rider - about 5.75 Wh/km. At the moment I am down to around 4 Wh/km because of trike training, I hardly ever use the motor.

When I move the motor to the trike I expect to only use it on take off and on hills over 2-3% of which there are plenty for sure. If there is a Bafang BBS0x in my future it would probably be the BBS02 350W 48v model with 25 A controller from lunacycle.

• Informative
Reactions: awol

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I don't have a Bafang but the GSM is a clone and I use an external controller - at the moment 15 Amp - it can handle 48v and 20 Amps (925 W peak). I am experimenting with 44.4v 12S battery which spins faster and gives about 750 W hot off the charger. The motor also runs quieter at the higher voltage.

Strong rider - about 5.75 Wh/km. At the moment I am down to around 4 Wh/km because of trike training, I hardly ever use the motor.

When I move the motor to the trike I expect to only use it on take off and on hills over 2-3% of which there are plenty for sure. If there is a Bafang BBS0x in my future it would probably be the BBS02 350W 48v model with 25 A controller from lunacycle.
5.75 per km is around 9 per mile . With the bbs01 350w Im doing around 23 wh/ mile ,no wonder.Thats de restricted speed ,mostly max assist,an hilly round here too.The bbshd is doing nearly 40wh /mile again on max mostly.I just feel when ive tried low pas settings ,i might just as well have a regular,lighter,full set of chainrings ,pushbike.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
If you want to travel at moped speeds you can't expect decent range. Drop your speed to 18-20 mph and you will prob. double your range on whichever bike you are riding.

• Agree
Reactions: chris_n