Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: Fat Rat

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Most won't notice a 5 Watt difference on an e-bike but you will un-powered.

As an experiment I am thinking of putting the skinny tyres back on the trike to see what difference they make now that I am fit (32 km/h average last night...) and have enough recumbent experience.
Be interested in your experiment results:)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Be interested in your experiment results:)
Problem is getting identical conditions: last night ideal temperature (about 22°C) and no wind. Next week is going to be complicated - the road will be used by the Tour de France people...

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Have watched it too The Bear and now that everything has arrived I should be able to do the deed come friday :D. Well I'll say we can both do it come friday.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Fat Rat, out of interest is that a lenzo wheel for your avatar

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
ahhh...... just looked very similar to my hubbys old lenzo's. Thanks for that it would have frustrated the hell out of this old bird ;)

Reactions: Fat Rat

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I have the same type of tyres as the OP and I am very happy with them and intend to use them until they require replacement. I might try tubeless when it comes time for replacement though.

Those of you that have gone the tubeless route, what do you do if you don't have a compressor to seat the tyre. Do you have one of those booster pumps that was mentioned in the 'How To' video that The Bear posted?

Or is it possible to get away with just a normal type track pump?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i just use a track pump but it depends how tight or loose the tyre is with the rim if it is tight no problem but if it is a loose fit then a air comp will need to be used to seat the tyre or one of those co2 pumps.

or you could use a tube to get the tyre seated on the rim then remove it fit the valve then add the sealant.

or just go to a garage and use there air comp in blown tyre mode.

Reactions: Nev

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-tubeless-tire-inflator-system/

12v compressors are an alternative to floor pump. I use 40L/min one run from 12V gelcel so portable. Ideal size for changing tyres but not enough grunt to set tubeless tyres, would need to be combined with reservoir like Schwable tire booster.

The gauge is not that accurate at lower end under 30psi, so not ideal for plus and fat tyres.

Scuba tanks are also good for setting tyres, ideally used with low pressure hose. I place stem with no valve against high pressure (3000psi) output of tank. Given amount leakage its not as dangerous as it sounds, just have be careful. Once beads are set I fit valve and pump with 12V compressor.

Reactions: Nev

Related Articles

Advertisers