Cube Cross Hybrid Race Allroad 500

L15A

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Hi everyone, quick question for you, what do you think of the Cube Cross Hybrid Race Allroad 500 2018? I have just had a test ride on in and really like it, but, I cant seem to find many reviews on it. Anybody here got one?
I will be using it for commuting approx 5 miles. The price will be £2000 and they will fit a bike rack in with that price.
Thanks

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everyone, quick question for you, what do you think of the Cube Cross Hybrid Race Allroad 500 2018? I have just had a test ride on in and really like it, but, I cant seem to find many reviews on it. Anybody here got one?
I will be using it for commuting approx 5 miles. The price will be £2000 and they will fit a bike rack in with that price.
Thanks
i have the acid one 500 hybrid...........it has the bosch active Plus motor.

i replace the bouncy forks for carbon, removed the groupset and added shimano di2 and added a rack......ive done 700 miles on it, since buying it at the end of july and thats with taking a month off in september to lie on the beach

it does everything i need for the 30mile round trip commute and the odd excursion at the weekend

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
Have a cube with the same motor and battery. Has done 9000km this year without any issues but I don't take it offroad (I've more written in the reviews section). I had a look at the spec of the bike you tested and it looks good, not much more than I paid last year and the Allroad has 11spd vs. my 10spd and has mudguards and lights included. Bearing in mind the prices of ebikes seems to be on the up I suspect £2k is a reasonable deal.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Not much in it between Race and Pro versions. An upgrade to airfork on Race is definitely big plus. Not much in it between 11spd and 10spd, both good derailluers and11-42t cassette on 10spd is more than enough for most commuters.

With commuting you will find yourself riding alot around 25kmh cutoff causing high wear on 1-2 gears in cassette. If alternate between 15-17 or 16-18 chainring every new chain, this wear can be spread over 2-4 gears.

Stradaman

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2018
North West
i have the acid one 500 hybrid...........it has the bosch active Plus motor.

i replace the bouncy forks for carbon, removed the groupset and added shimano di2 and added a rack......ive done 700 miles on it, since buying it at the end of july and thats with taking a month off in september to lie on the beach

it does everything i need for the 30mile round trip commute and the odd excursion at the weekend
How much did it cost you to fit the D12?