HELP!!..Same Old Question

ian culvers

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Newbie to the site so be gentle!
I have the same question that must be asked so many times on this site, however you all seen to know your stuff so here goes again.

Best e-bike for a budget of £1200???

I have had a Carrera Crossfire e-bike for the last 18 months and the Crank Torque Sensor has just gone, Good ol' Halfords have told me that this particular part is only covered for 1 year not 2 like the rest of the bike!! and to really rub salt into the wound, they've told me that they have been waiting two months for the same part for someone else in the shop!!!

So wishing to avoid Halfords at all costs now, I need some valued help in picking my next e-bike ASAP as my knees are shot riding my old pedal cube!!
15 stone,14 miles round daily commute, mainly on roads and through a bumpy town centre and quite a steep hill.
Any advice will be much appreciated
Cheers
ian.c

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Someone on the forum here has successfully converted their crossfire-e to do away with the Suntour controller and pedal sensor for standard kit, gets about 20mph out of it too. From what I can remember all the bits reqd to onvert were about £70

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I would have sent you my sensor but it got binned in a clear out. You can change the controller as I did but it takes quite a bit of work. If you're up for it I'll run you through it

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you want to keep a TS system instead of modifying to a cadence type system then or about $158 inc p&p you can get a new TS bottom bracket kit with TS controller and lcd3 etc,etc from BMS battery for hub motors. Replace the crappy Suntour stuff with more user friendly pretty reliable Kunteng KT software.

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
Hey man,

Here is my advice with dealing with Halfords. Call 0345 504 5353, that is their customer services.

Make a complaint and I'm 99% sure they will look after you. Don't just their word that the part isn't covered. I call bullshit on that!

Funny that you have posted this as there is someone at work who has a Vulcan-e and he was told the same thing with his bike but he didn't accept the answer and complained to their customer services and ended up getting a whole replacement bike.