Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Propaganda from the Dail Mail
"
Will Brussels EVER learn from 2,000 years of hubris and folly? SIMON JENKINS reveals how megalomaniacs have tried and failed to subjugate Europe's sovereign nations throughout its history"

Once again we have use of fake patriotsm and lies to further a fascist cause.
The EU as never "Subjugated" any nation, it is a democratic alliance of nations.
From someone from this country , the one that had the largest Empire in history subjecting much of the planet to it's tyranny, this is utterly shameful.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
From denying any knowledge whatsoever of the death of Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, it seems that our great friend and ally has suddenly discovered that Khashoggi did actually die there. I must have misunderstood the reports previously which intimated to the world that they knew nothing of the matter of Khashoggi's disappearance.

Apparently, the journalist died in a fight within the consulate and of course, such a thing is quite possible when a 59 year-old man suddenly exerts himself when he has been sedentary for many years. It will be interesting to discover if in fact he died from a heart attack once the post-mortem examination results are released. Oh wait!…….unfortunately, the body seems to have disappeared so we might have to wait a while for that. Mmm!

President Trump of the crumbling American empire has spoken out congratulating the Saudis for confirming the death of Mr Khashoggi while remarking that the death was unacceptable. He went on to say that Saudi Arabia remains a great ally. The Saudis, in turn, seem to accept that things could have been dealt with better and have dismissed a couple of senior consulate officials which is the standard Saudi punishment for nicking paper clips or misusing government office equipment.

I wonder if Mrs May will be reminding the British people again soon just what a great ally Saudi Arabia continues to be to the UK?

Anyone with any ideas as to where to look for Mr Khashoggi's body (or body parts) should get in touch with the authorities ASAP. I wonder if there is a helipad on the roof of the Saudi consulate.

Tom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Prominent campaigner for a second EU referendum Nick Clegg is to give up that role in order to concentrate on his new £million job with Facebook. Facebook is an organisation once heavily criticised by, remain and second EU referendum champion, Nick Clegg, for avoiding tax. What’s changed his mind? Oh yes, cash.

How many others are remain campaigning because it swells their bank balances either via enhanced career prospects or other gratuitous payments. I’m sure that the failed director of the Crown Prosecution Service, Mr Melon Head (Kia Picanto, or whatever he’s called), is only a prominent anti-Brexit mouthpiece because he views it as a convenient platform upon which to raise his political profile.

Don’t think for one second that all of the pro EU material you read is gospel, there are just as many self-serving turds on both sides of the argument, and just as many who stand to gain. If ever an example of everything that is wrong with the U.K. were needed, you will find a full spectrum of undesirable characteristics in the ex-second EU referendum campaigner, Nick Clegg. He is a kind of “living brochure” which showcases the various forms of a complete $h!t.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
There is a warning for those who believe the nonsense about a special relationship existing between the UK and the American empire led by the creature from the black lagoon in a small report from a Florida women's group.

It concerns the news from a week or so ago that Trump and his family have defrauded the American revenue out of millions of dollars. So what, you may say. Well, perhaps the ripping off of expenses is regarded as no big deal by some these days judging by the way that some blithely declare that 'They're all at it!'.

That isn't the point that bothers the few people who are interested in such matters; it is the fact that the monster who sits in the White House with his finger on the nuclear button has the power also to prevent the American media from reporting further on the matter.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it almost certainly is a duck so with that in mind, think about fascists and what they say and what they do.

44170486_1107906036039056_794510280506736640_n.jpg

It was The Democratic Women's Group of Florida, Inc. responsible for trying to raise people's awareness of what is going on while most of America just sleepwalks through Trump's presidency.

Tom

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How many others are remain campaigning because it swells their bank balances either via enhanced career prospects or other gratuitous payments.
Really? and who is paying them? and since brexit is inevitable, how will this enhance their careers to back the losing side?
Your imagination is running away with you here, this is just nonsense tillson, and you know it, however in the real world, we do know where much of the money came from for the leave campaign, don't we?

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is a warning for those who believe the nonsense about a special relationship existing between the UK and the American empire led by the creature from the black lagoon in a small report from a Florida women's group.

It concerns the news from a week or so ago that Trump and his family have defrauded the American revenue out of millions of dollars. So what, you may say. Well, perhaps the ripping off of expenses is regarded as no big deal by some these days judging by the way that some blithely declare that 'They're all at it!'.

That isn't the point that bothers the few people who are interested in such matters; it is the fact that the monster who sits in the White House with his finger on the nuclear button has the power also to prevent the American media from reporting further on the matter.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it almost certainly is a duck so with that in mind, think about fascists and what they say and what they do.

View attachment 27315

It was The Democratic Women's Group of Florida, Inc. responsible for trying to raise people's awareness of what is going on while most of America just sleepwalks through Trump's presidency.

Tom
And it didn't even make them turn over in their sleep, did it?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Really? and who is paying them? and since brexit is inevitable, how will this enhance their careers to back the losing side?
Your imagination is running away with you here, this is just nonsense tillson, and you know it, however in the real world, we do know hwhere much of the money came from for the leave campaign, don't we?
Well, opposing Brexit has brought Melon Head into political prominence & Nick Clegg chases the cash like a fatty bounding after a Mars bar on the end of a fishing line. There is clearly something in it for those two, so as surely as night follows day, there will be something in it for others?

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I just looked at some photos of the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and there is no helipad on the roof so I would guess that Khashoggi's body parts were probably removed from the crime scene in a number of diplomatic bags, no doubt untraceable now in Saudi Arabia.

The Turkish police seem rather perplexed by this crime and are simply going through the motions in an effort to stave off any criticism which might come their way. I dare say that no-one in Turkey from Recip Erdogan down really gives two figs about Khashoggi's death in any case. Sadly, that looks to be the way that the rest of the world feels too.

Perhaps the rest of the world ought to look more closely at what Saudi Arabia is doing in Yemen?

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well, opposing Brexit has brought Melon Head into political prominence & Nick Clegg chases the cash like a fatty bounding after a Mars bar on the end of a fishing line. There is clearly something in it for those two, so as surely as night follows day, there will be something in it for others?
Do you really think that opposition to Brexit has helped anybody??
It didn't work at the last GE, did it?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know why you want to talk about Nick Clegg. It's clear that since he's lost his seat in the last GE, he's just a celebrity looking for a proper job.
He stands no chance as a candidate in the next GE, so the only way is a city job or some PR job. David Miliband went to NY so why not Nick Clegg to sunny California? As for the money, who knows how much he's offered - probably a lot less than an average Premier League footballer.

• Dislike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Indeed, now exposed as the undeserving nonentity he's always truly been.
have been politicians are practically all undeserving nonentity in the context.
Where are his contemporaries David Cameron and George Osborne now?
I feel sorry for Clegg. He made promises that he did not deliver but then, other party leaders do the same at each GE. He should be judged against what the tories would have done without the LibDems in 2010-2015. I expect the fortune of the LibDems to be improved after Labour wins the next GE.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"Will Brussels EVER learn from 2,000 years of hubris and folly? SIMON JENKINS reveals how megalomaniacs have tried and failed to subjugate Europe's sovereign nations throughout its history"
What amazing ignorance. The Romans created an empire from most of Europe and much of North Africa and the Middle East which lasted some 400 years. It also had political and economic union in a single market with a universal currency. And far from remaining subjugated, the member countries played a full part in running the empire. The Emperors Trajan and Hadrian were both Spanish for example and Pope Victor was a black African.

And the Roman Empire did not fail in any way, it only came to an end because Rome itself failed, not the union.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I feel sorry for Clegg. He made promises that he did not deliver but then, other party leaders do the same at each GE.
I was not concerned about the failed coalition promises, Clegg was not in a position to deliver and was unfairly criticised for that.

My nonentity jibe was based on my belief that he doesn't have and has never had any trace of the ability for high office. He's just another born into privilege.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Such a contrast between the pro 2nd referendum march and the leave means leave march.The former is headed by 1000 young people who’s future is jeapodised by Brexit,the latter was headed by a few oldies who were struggling to navigate their zimmerframes around the potholes,hurry up with the vote,they may not live to register.
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It may not be linked with BREXIt, but I do believe it is. Yesterday a local food company here in Dundalk, filed for recievership. It employs 190 people. It's product range is frozen microwaved dinners, and their major markets include ICELAND and ASDA. . So the market in England ,and presumably the selling prices in sterling, has made its production unviable. The Irish plant, is / was I understand the only manufacturing plant for this British company,who purchased the plant from the Heinz company.
Some months ago, i warned that events like this with the reduction of value in sterling would have these outcomes . The net effect is that a few people will be missing their chicken korma, so no big deal, but multiplied by a hundred....

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It may not be linked with BREXIt, but I do believe it is. Yesterday a local food company here in Dundalk, filed for recievership. It employs 190 people. It's product range is frozen microwaved dinners, and their major markets include ICELAND and ASDA. . So the market in England ,and presumably the selling prices in sterling, has made its production unviable. The Irish plant, is / was I understand the only manufacturing plant for this British company,who purchased the plant from the Heinz company.
Some months ago, i warned that events like this with the reduction of value in sterling would have these outcomes . The net effect is that a few people will be missing their chicken korma, so no big deal, but multiplied by a hundred....
It's a move to fight obesity... :rolleyes: Frozen microwave dinners are evil! :eek:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes Dan, in isolation these events perhaps don't mean much to the UK but such occurrences will undoubtedly proliferate as 'Brexit' continues to unfold. At some point, people will begin to take notice; probably when Toyota, Honda and Nissan move out and redundancies turn Canary Wharf and the City into wastelands as most of the banking there migrates elsewhere in the EU.

Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My nonentity jibe was based on my belief that he doesn't have and has never had any trace of the ability for high office. He's just another born into privilege.
neither is JC.
Both of them may have something in common: they spell out the aspirations of the young voters. Not that long ago, both DC and Ed Miliband 'agree with Nick' so much so that the LibDems won a record number of seats.
What are politicians supposed to do other than spelling out the aspirations of their voters?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
neither is JC.
Both of them may have something in common: they spell out the aspirations of the young voters. Not that long ago, both DC and Ed Miliband 'agree with Nick' so much so that the LibDems won a record number of seats.
What are politicians supposed to do other than spelling out the aspirations of their voters?
Stumble upon the truth occasionally?
I should not have said that said Hagrid .........:D

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers