Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
I'm now feeling a little shortchanged by Bosch as the 2 year old battery is obviously significantly depleted through weekly use.

It hasn't done the guaranteed 1000 cycles so in theory should still be able to pump out the watts. Clearly that's no longer the case. I have always looked after it and took it indoors after a cycle.

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks
The Bosch guarantee is 500 charge cycles, not 1000. You yourself said it had had been 'heavily used'. Batteries are unfortunately consumable items, and the more you use them, the more capacity they will lose, and that happens right from the start.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Battery cycle life can probably be halved when using a dongle as the speed has to come from somewhere even if fooling the speedo, it doesn't appear out of thin air.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
when you recell the bosch batt its best to keep power to the bms board so it does not loose its settings because if it does then it will brick the hole pack and not turn on.

jimmy is the only person in this country that can do this atm and also offer different ways to connect the cells nickle/copper ect but its not a problem as he has a 20 grand spot wielder.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The Bosch guarantee is 500 charge cycles, not 1000. You yourself said it had had been 'heavily used'. Batteries are unfortunately consumable items, and the more you use them, the more capacity they will lose, and that happens right from the start.
They say 60% of capacity after 500cycles. I think is full cycles from nearly empty not partial charges. Power delivery is definitely better on first 1/2 of charge so I'm not surprised an old battery doesn't have same performance.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
They say 60% of capacity after 500cycles. I think is full cycles from nearly empty not partial charges.
It is indeed full cycles. If you do two charges but you still had 50% left, the battery logger counts this as one full charge cycle.

Brian park

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2018
At what point should I consider recelling the battery? It's at around 60% capacity of my new battery now. Should I just keep using it till it develops a fault?

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
So in case anyone is interested swapping the batteries did indeed make a difference, more immediate power/torque and predictably more range.

I'm now feeling a little shortchanged by Bosch as the 2 year old battery is obviously significantly depleted through weekly use.

It hasn't done the guaranteed 1000 cycles so in theory should still be able to pump out the watts. Clearly that's no longer the case. I have always looked after it and took it indoors after a cycle.

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks
In all fairness I don't think you can complain about a battery that has done 10k miles in two years.

Advertisers