£100 practical or not??

Nick65

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2007
I have £100 to spend on a second hand eleccy bike - I need one due to my varying disabilities and the fact it would help me exercise and get me out of the doo doo's if my legs gave up on me.

Is £100 enough? Would I need to spend more or are there bargains to be found?

What should I look for? What should I be asking?

Cheers

Nick

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Obviously the bike described in your other thread is an attempt to do this. Something like that is probably the only way you're going to achieve it, but in addition to the expected costs you should budget for a replacement battery as this will almost certainly be life expired and given the small overall budget the battery will have to be lead acid.

So if the other purchase falls through look for a 24V SLA powered bike, and unless the battery can be verified as new don't pay more than about £50.

It's a tall order, but you may get lucky!

giguana

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2007
Absolutely-bide your time on eBay and there are some real gems, most broken bikes just need a bit of electrical work and they can be really rocking, at worst you will just get a funny looking folding bike, but all electric bikes are very easy to peddle everywhere. it's good to get a light one and essential to do a bit of tweaking when you buy it.
do an eBay search and press nearest first.