£1700... Full eMBT, which one?

CdRsKuLL

Pedelecer
May 13, 2018
Bolton
lazylegs.co.uk
So I'm looking to upgrade to a full suspension bike with I think the Bosch CX motor. More than happy to buy secondhand, infact I think it's my only option.

So, I've been looking at what's available in my price range and at the moment ended up with three bikes. I was hoping if people could pass comments and help me decide.. or if you have any other options. The bike will be more used on cycle paths, roads, woods etc. I'm 46 and more of a scenic rider than black trail survivor. :)

Voodoo Zobop E. - only released last year, CX Bosch motir.. good looking bike but will it hold its money...

Lapiere overvolt AM 500 2016.. - good looking bike, geometry a bit different, unsure if it will be comfortable to be used as a day to day commuter.

Haibike sduro full 2015 - like the look of this one but comes with slightly older tech.. and it's a Yamaha motor, seems more suited to my needs than the xduro version but.. that comes with a Bosch drive..

Help... I can't decide!

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
So I'm looking to upgrade to a full suspension bike ........ The bike will be more used on cycle paths, roads, woods etc.
Well ... if you have a fancy for a FS, then by all means, go for it. But for your stated use, the first obvious question is - would you be better off getting a better spec hardtail bike ?

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Full sus is overkill for what you want it for.
I'd say the only upgrade you need is a NCX seat-post:cool: I have two and wouldn't ride a bike without one ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
+1 from me.
You can also take the NCX post from one bike to another.

CdRsKuLL

Pedelecer
May 13, 2018
Bolton
lazylegs.co.uk
The reason for the full suspension is the smoother ride, but also controllable, different psi rates. My lower back got a right bang in a car accident and since my mileage has increased considerably since I jumped on my Carrera vulcan E.. (35 miles on one ride!) I'm also not a spring chicken anymore and I find it's putting extra strain on it and causing me further problems. So, it's the more enjoyable ride I'm after.. I'll have a look at these seat posts, never really considered them being honest.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the NCX seat post is not as natural as an FS bike but you will quickly get used to it. Basically, when you ride over a bump, the trapezoid suspension moves your body backward instead of bouncing you upward, so you do not experience the jolt that you normally get.

• Agree
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The reason for the full suspension is the smoother ride, but also controllable, different psi rates. My lower back got a right bang in a car accident and since my mileage has increased considerably since I jumped on my Carrera vulcan E.. (35 miles on one ride!) I'm also not a spring chicken anymore and I find it's putting extra strain on it and causing me further problems. So, it's the more enjoyable ride I'm after.. I'll have a look at these seat posts, never really considered them being honest.
"Bad back" me too,
I have two bulging discs so know first hand the benefits of a NCX seat-post.
Get yourself comfortable and 35 miles will seem like a good warm up ;)

CdRsKuLL

Pedelecer
May 13, 2018
Bolton
lazylegs.co.uk
Thanks Gringo and others for your replies.. I'll definitely have a look at them.. Although me being me couldn't hang around and miss this deal. Well I thought it was a good deal anyway :)

Meet the new wife.. she's a 2017 overvolt AM 600 with a Bosch CX motor :)
IMG_20180609_154223.jpg

Couple of things need sorting but with less than 100 miles and not a mark on it.. battery is currently on charge .... Can't wait to give it a go.

Reactions: atheo and EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Bad back?

A wee bit more than £1,700... :eek:

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Thanks Gringo and others for your replies.. I'll definitely have a look at them.. Although me being me couldn't hang around and miss this deal. Well I thought it was a good deal anyway :)

Meet the new wife.. she's a 2017 overvolt AM 600 with a Bosch CX motor :)
View attachment 25163

Couple of things need sorting but with less than 100 miles and not a mark on it.. battery is currently on charge .... Can't wait to give it a go.
Hi you will love the overvolt, I have the FS 500 with the Yamaha motor and have done just under 2k on it and I think it's a fab bike,
Enjoy the ride