£500 donor bike - Q128C motor - what do you pick?

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Hi

In the process of re-visiting an old project to convert my Marin 27.5+ MTB. For various reasons - there have been several false starts and there are still compromises now.

So just as an alternative angle before I jump one way or another - if you were going for a rear hub drive - the use was for general trail riding - no crazy hills - and you had £500ish to spend on a hardtail to convert - what would you buy? The likely motor - after advice from d8veh and others - would be the Q128C from BMSB.

Cheers

Matt

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
No point in buying a new bike, when you can get a used one, as good as new, from Ebay for half the price. This one is perfect:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rocky-Mountain-Element-Full-Suspension-Mountain-Bike-18-/202008006431?hash=item2f089d8f1f:g:d9QAAOSwDrlZg4G6
Very valid point Dave. Not ruling out anything and have seen the Rocky Mountain recommended before. The rear sus is in an unusual but very useful position regards battery placement I guess.

While you're on, if you get a moment to look at my q100c question in another thread, I'd be most grateful. Just want to know the best controller and battery combo. I know it's no match for the q128c but it's 32 hole which solves a big problem for me. Thanks as always.