1st weekend with Bergamont Trailster C 9.0

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Was a close thing but ended up choosing the Bergamont over Cube HPA 160 Race after trying it out at LBS.

Picked up on Friday, only managed a windy, wet and muddy 24km so far. Weather and real life prevented me from getting out as much as i'd of liked so only managed to ride home and nip out round a few local tracks and hills. Flew up some killer hills that would normally leave me walking at a steady 10mph in turbo. Handled some local tracks that had become rather muddy and washed out great, think I was the only thing holding it back. Still felt pretty tired after the first few rides, I was working just as hard only going up hill much faster than usual. Sure is tempting to try and ride everywhere at 25kmph in turbo, guess I will settle down to a more steady pace on lower assist levels once I start getting out on longer rides.

Here it is all gleaming after it's first bath and polish.

Photo 26-02-2017 small.jpg

Last edited:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Nice

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and Gaz

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Was a close thing but ended up choosing the Bergamont over Cube HPA 160 Race after trying it out at LBS.

Picked up on Friday, only managed a windy, wet and muddy 24km so far. Weather and real life prevented me from getting out as much as i'd of liked so only managed to ride home and nip out round a few local tracks and hills. Flew up some killer hills that would normally leave me walking at a steady 10mph in turbo. Handled some local tracks that had become rather muddy and washed out great, think I was the only thing holding it back. Still felt pretty tired after the first few rides, I was working just as hard only going up hill much faster than usual. Sure is tempting to try and ride everywhere at 25kmph in turbo, guess I will settle down to a more steady pace on lower assist levels once I start getting out on longer rides.

Here it is all gleaming after it's first bath and polish.

View attachment 17947
We haven't got the same bike, but we do have the same kitchen cabinets.

I'm guessing mine will be close to 30 years old, although they were here when I moved in so can't say for sure.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Didn't know they had Kms in Yorkshire,thought it was all miles!
I guess you are a youngster.
Bike looks canny,just a shame the weather is crap at present.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
We haven't got the same bike, but we do have the same kitchen cabinets.

I'm guessing mine will be close to 30 years old, although they were here when I moved in so can't say for sure.
Yeah they looked pretty old when we moved in over 10 years ago. Could do with a refit but spending the money on a emtb is more fun.

Didn't know they had Kms in Yorkshire,thought it was all miles!
I guess you are a youngster.
Bike looks canny,just a shame the weather is crap at present.
Prefer Kms when on the bike, the big numbers make it feel like i'm going further and faster. Seriously the assist cutting out at 15.5mph feels annoyingly slow but doesn't bother me so much at 25kmph

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I don't have that problem as my bike does 34 Mph on the flat and I have had 60.4 Mph downhill.
Kmh would probably frighten me.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
get a dongle or you be toast if i was behind ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i gave him a 1min head start at the bridge ;)

• Informative

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
1 week and i'm up to a total of 62km. Trying to get the mileage up to something respectable before its 6 week service.

Just rode home the long way, a hilly and slightly muddy 21km. It's fun to get out on a night ride again but a pain having to clean off the bike in the dark. Learning to use a mix of assist levels, spent good chunk in eco but nice having the extra boost when needed. Still used some turbo as didn't want to get home too late. Will try and get some ride photos if i ever get to go out when daylight and dry.

Only had about 1/2 battery left (still 3 bars), after doing 26km. Guess thats good for about 50km then. Was a particularly hilly ride with 650+ meters gain and i'm sure I could improve that if I wasn't rushing so much and was a little fitter.

The range estimate seems to be all over the place, 60+ before setting off from work then 18km by the end (both in eco). What does it base the estimate on? Is it just the last 5km? seems to change very fast depending on if I just went up or down a hill.

Edit: Just worked out how to share viewranger route:
http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MTE1MzU1

Last edited:

Gruff60

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 15, 2017
Snowdonia, North Wales
Hi Jon, I have a Bergamont e-rextor 6.0 with a 500 battery, range does vary a lot over the ride. But I'm getting at least 40 miles from a full charge in the mountains here. This morning range said 80 miles at the start, I cycled 22 miles on steep forestry roads and range was still 25 when I got home. You can set the purion to miles by the way.

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Booked afternoon off work, bags packed & weather forecast looks good. Bikes with me in the office and got a 35km (1,000 meter) route planned, setting off straight after lunch. Should be a good afternoon :)

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Well that was a fun ride, got out to a few tracks I've never been on before although not quite as far as planned. Managed 48km today, still had 1 bar battery when I got home but used it up getting odometer to 150 km :rolleyes:

Bit disappointed I only got 48km out of the battery, was out for 3-4 hours mostly in eco / tour with the odd burst of turbo up a few killer hills on the way back. Think it is the hill climbing that's killing it, about 1,100 meters according to view ranger tracking. A fair bit of that was up steep muddy rocky tracks, had the rear wheel spinning quite a few times. Think I underestimated how bad some of the tracks are at the moment, had to abandon one route as it was looking more like a bog, even the canal path was fairly muddy.

Anyhow here's a few pictures:
Photo 08-03-2017, 2 35 35 pm.jpg Photo 08-03-2017, 4 05 07 pm (1).jpg Photo 08-03-2017, 4 05 33 pm.jpgPhoto 08-03-2017, 5 27 07 pm_sm.jpg

http://my.viewranger.com/track/details/NDQ3MDQ1NQ==

Last edited:

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Like the bike, but hate the look of mudguards on bikes. I've tried just about all mudguards in the past and they have all been useless to some extent. It's much easier to clean bike without them.

I did say i hated the look of mudguards didn't i :)

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Like the bike, but hate the look of mudguards on bikes. I've tried just about all mudguards in the past and they have all been useless to some extent. It's much easier to clean bike without them.

I did say i hated the look of mudguards didn't i :)
Not another one, keep getting grief about them of a colleague :rolleyes: Their here to stay anyhow, keeps my backside clean and mud off the forks. I reckon it's only fair weather cyclists who are anti mudguards.

Related Articles

Advertisers