2.4 " off road tyres

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
take it to halfords and get them to fit it, will be the best 5 quid you even spent watching them try fit one of them pmsl.:)
That's exactly what I did with the Magic Mary's - got LBS (Race Co Cycles....) to fit them as I struggled in the garage with screwdrivers, tyre levers and all sorts before spitting dummy out and giving in. I dread getting a puncture out in the open now...will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Last edited:

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Bike discount sell for $31euro, just ordered mine. Sounds like fitting could be interesting, maybe I should've added a few tyre level sets to the order.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Out of curiosity what are shipping rates like from bike discount to NZ?

Washing up liquid on the rim has always worked for me.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
IMHO, if tyres are that much of a nightmare to get on / off then i wouldn't buy them. Can you imagine it's getting dark and starting to rain, OMG!!!!

I only say this as i slightly damaged a rim in the past due to difficulty getting certain tyres on rim, and it's no fun when you get a puncture. THINK AHEAD!!!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
IMHO, if tyres are that much of a nightmare to get on / off then i wouldn't buy them. Can you imagine it's getting dark and starting to rain, OMG!!!!
Sort of been there with my old set WTB Vigilante tyres.

Out on a group ride, I managed to get two punctures in the same evening/night.

The first was hassle enough in what light remained, and the group at my request left me to catch them up. Three snapped tyre levers later, I was good to go.

The second was at about 10.00pm and it took three of us to get the tyre back on, and the impatience of someone else in the group, scratched my rim. I wasn't exactly happy. I happily accept and expect wear and tear and marks, but not so when caused by ignorance.

I went tubeless the next day, but changed the tyres not so long after.

At least with the Hutchinsons, I just need one lever to remove, and none to re fit. :)

Related Articles

Advertisers