2 bikes or 1?

Carlt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2017
Worthing
Have a 2 yr old very low mileage kalkhoff Tasman. Runs great but only 350 miles.
Thinking of now doing trails so possibly looking at a hybrid or emtb.
Question. Do I sell current bike and get a good bike for £2k ish or keep bike and get a cheaper emtb. Say something like a woosh Rio or equivalent?
Grateful for any views.

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
^^^ I bet that dog is knackered :D
Nah, he's a sheepdog. They can go all day long.. :)

My ebikes have saved me from taking my high energy dog walking miles and miles, which is pretty knackering for me. I can never give him the burnout that he needs on foot. Now it just takes a 10 minute ride and he's happy. :)

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
Have a 2 yr old very low mileage kalkhoff Tasman. Runs great but only 350 miles.
Thinking of now doing trails so possibly looking at a hybrid or emtb.
Question. Do I sell current bike and get a good bike for £2k ish or keep bike and get a cheaper emtb. Say something like a woosh Rio or equivalent?
Grateful for any views.
Why change at all? You haven't put any miles on your current bike, get some appropriate tyres for what you are thinking you want to do. Without coming across as antagonistic, I'm guessing when you bought the Kalkhoff you were expecting to do more miles than you have done, it may be the same case now... if you are happy with the bike, utilise the investment you made and enjoy your cycling.

Regards

John

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Why change at all? You haven't put any miles on your current bike, get some appropriate tyres for what you are thinking you want to do. Without coming across as antagonistic, I'm guessing when you bought the Kalkhoff you were expecting to do more miles than you have done, it may be the same case now... if you are happy with the bike, utilise the investment you made and enjoy your cycling.

Regards

John
Is it the one with the front suspension forks or not?

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Carlt

Carlt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2017
Worthing
Yes thanks John. I think you're right. As in most of life I guess it enjoy what you have.
Still tempted by a cheaper emtb like the woosh Rio tho. Anyone got one who would like to comment? Even considering the big bear by whoosh but wonder if these bikes can last a long time bearing in mind they retail at about 1k?
Appreciate any views

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Yes the kalkhoff Tasman has front suspension.
You should be fine for some light off roading then. Although, as always, I recommend a bikehut suspension seatpost for around 12 quid. It comes with 3 different weight springs. You can't go wrong with them. :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Did you see the guy stepping out at 01:03, whilst on his phone. :eek:

Good job he was going uphill!

@Carlt Which part did you find offensive? :D

Offensive.jpg

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I bet he was just scrolling down on his phone, I have a couple of those.

• Informative

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Totally agree with above, why would you behave so stupidly by going past shop doorways at that speed on the pavement, what a clown...

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
Totally agree with above, why would you behave so stupidly by going past shop doorways at that speed on the pavement, what a clown...
Shooting past pedestrians with their backs to him through small gaps got to me most. I hate it when people do that to me so I don't do it to others on my bike. It only takes them to move unpredictably, unaware of your presence, or speed and somebody will get hurt, maybe you, maybe the other guy/girl. Seemed like he was going for a record trip home for youtube and **** responsibility.