2 new eMTB models from KTM

The market for full suspension eBikes has exploded across Europe and the UK is no exception to this trend. Many brands who build bikes in the Far East don't have the capability to increase production mid season, and as such have already sold out for 2017.

KTM build their bikes in Austria, and have done for over 50 years now. As such when demand is higher than expected they can launch new models when needed and equally scale back production of other models to ensure there is no need for big clearances.

The sub £4000.00 full suspension eMTB market in the UK is thiriving and we're very happy to be able to launch these two new models from KTM. We are taking orders for them now and delivery is expected in June 2017.

Retail price on both models is £3549.99

http://www.flidistribution.co.uk/blog/mid-season-special-edition-full-suspension-ebikes-from-ktm

So, its basically a choice of Fox or Rockshox suspension, or pick your favourite colour!

KTM DEALERS - YOU'LL FIND THESE ON THE B2B NOW.

2017 KTM Macina Lycan PRO

2017 KTM Macina Lycan LTD

I'm tempted to agree. I'd prefer to have had the price at c£3699 and have a dropper - But we do put a dropped post of the full suspension eBikes from about £4000 and upwards.

ie: http://www.flidistribution.co.uk/2017-ktm-macina-lycan-273

However with these ones we were in at a cheaper price point and a they are dropper ready if the customer wants it. I think the idea was to get the spec as competitive as possible at this crucial entry level full sus eBike price point.

We do a KTM dropper for £129.99 so you could fit that and still be under the price of the cheapest Cube to come with a dropper.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I do like the intergrated battery look. Would look nice on a hybrid with an IGH. Especially in that grey colour.

• Agree

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Nice enough bikes for money, but nothing special.

A lot of these bikes really do look the same these days. As a current Haibike 2016 owner, i'm waiting for motor / batteries to move on a bit.

• Agree
This is a problem that affects a lot of things. Try selling normal hardtail MTB, or road bikes, the differences are even less.

We (FLi Distribution) have worked in a lot of extreme sports industrys over the past 10 years and the surf / snowboard and MX guys always used to think we were crazy for moaning about things looking similar in cycling, because in their sports trades shows were really dull, because everything looks the same.

With Bosch's dominance of the premium market and the fact they supply many brands you're going to find that there is a "best" way to mount the motor and battery, so the bikes do start to look a little similar. But this isn't a bad thing because then you start to have to look at the details / angles / spec etc that do actually make the difference between a bike that's good to ride and one that just happens to be an eMTB.

You won't find much changes really as Bosch won't want to upset all their customers (ie the bike brands) by changing things too often because the tooling costs to make these frames is HUGE. Bosch have released the new budget Active line motor for 2018, but there is no change to the CX motor because that's only done 2 seasons really.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can i buy just the frame with the rear sus fitted? and cx motor if i want one.?

it should be made a option as i want to use my own parts to build the rest ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
from the few i have asked all said no only complete bikes , tho if i wanted a ktm frame for a bosch motor how much would it be ?

from the few i have asked all said no only complete bikes , tho if i wanted a ktm frame for a bosch motor how much would it be ?
We don't sell to the public, so you'd need to negotiate with a shop. Also we do a lot of bikes, so the price would vary depending on the model.

For this you need a friendly local bike shop... so rather than continually recommending people shop in Germany if you started supporting someone local to you, you might find they'd help you out by splitting a bike and selling you the frame / motor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah martin said no lol ;) now there is not much point buying dir from germany as the price is near the same now :(