2 Riese & Mueller CHARGER hybrid nuvinci beltdrive

Spencer Ivy

Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2013
WE have 2 MEDIUM R&M charger hybrid nuvinci beltdrive in stock ...just taken my one for a ride and can honestly say it is the best e-bike I have ridden...Nuvinci hub, Gates belt drive, Bosch 400 Performance Power Pack..come and try one...

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Have you a link? as a trade member aren't you allowed to put a link at the bottom of all your posts?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Spencer Ivy

Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2013
List price is £3658. A big price for a big bike! Email me if you'd like to discuss anything further...

Spencer Ivy

Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2013
An absolute bargain there. ..although your German is better than mine...not sure if its +500 for nuvinci and + 350 for belt drive..which would bring it in line with our uk RRP....looks odd to charge 500 to "upgrade" from nuvinci to Alfine ! Augsburg is a lovely town too..well worth a trip !

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
An absolute bargain there. ..although your German is better than mine...not sure if its +500 for nuvinci and + 350 for belt drive..which would bring it in line with our uk RRP....looks odd to charge 500 to "upgrade" from nuvinci to Alfine ! Augsburg is a lovely town too..well worth a trip !
I agree it's not very clear, but I think Wicky has worked it out correctly.

A Nuvinci bike with an oily chain is 2,999 euro, and a Nuvinci with a belt drive is an extra 500 euro, making 3,499 euro.

Which, give or take a currency speculator's stripey braces, is about £2,900.

Spencer Ivy

Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2013
I appreciate your outrage but I think we have seen this discussion aired many times on pedelecs and elsewhere. All we as dealers can do is tell customers what the UK RRP is....

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I'm certainly not outraged, each retailer wherever they are can charge what they want.

There is a common theme here which is off interest to prospective buyers - German bikes, particularly high end ones, seem to be significantly cheaper from German or Austrian retailers.

The difference here is about £750, which could be worse.

Some Haibikes appear to be a thousand or more cheaper from Germany.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
The reason for these differences is that there is an extra mouth to feed in both cases and some flexibility for exchange rate changes. We sell the BlueLABEL bikes as well and had a similar enquiry regarding price differences.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And I think the market size is relevant too. UK suppliers have to live off much smaller overall sales that those in the very large and healthy German e-bike market.

Large markets always support lower prices.

Reactions: mountainsport

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We sell direct to the owner, having decided to keep dealers out of the equation. Kalkhoff electric bikes are not only the best performers in terms of range, battery lifetime, equipment levels, innovation, they're also some of the least expensive German-made electric bikes on the market, which is why we've just had our record day of sales today.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
We sell most reliable Bosch bikes which offer unrivalled innovation, quality and the best reliability of any top end crank drive on a range of different bikes. Bosch powered ebikes have about 70% of the European market for a reason Also we offer a friendly no B.S. approach and give honest opinions :)