2015 Agattu Premium Impulse 8 (50cm) for sale

Matt Williams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 6, 2014
Description

2015 Kalkhoff Agattu Premium Impulse 8 (50cm) Crossbar £2100

This is the 2015 version of the very popular Agattu Impulse 8. It has the latest belt drive instead of chain.

I purchased the bike (http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/activity/agattu_premium_impulse_8.html) from 50 cycles on 15/01/15, so it is brand new. I am selling due to personal reasons. The bike is fantastically engineered and is amongst the most impressive machines I've ever seen! Every component is top quality and engineered to perfection.

I have only taken the bike on 4 rides and have run the battery through a single cycle to condition it. But it hasn't been used since. The bike is in immaculate, brand new condition. I have even conditioned the battery for the new owner!

The only modification I have made to the bike is to add an Immobilise (https://www.immobilise.com/) sticker on the underside of the frame (near the handlebars) and placed the Immobilise security scanning tracker inside the seat post. I then logged the Immobilise security details on their site. This gives you added protection if the bike is stolen - as it's used by the police, you can log into your Immobilise account where you can show police details of the bike (Immobilise tracking no., pictures of the bike, frame no., battery key no. etc.). I will of course delete my Immobilise account and pass the new owner the Immobilise security details so that you can create your own account and log information there. It is well worth doing.

Other than that, the bike is unmodified and looking for a new owner who will appreciate its considerable charms!

The bike sells for £2,395.00 on 50 Cycles. I am selling it for £2,100 as it is new. I have all documentation that came with the bike too.

I am situated in Newport, S.Wales.

Contact email: shredder2001@gmail.com
Mobile: 07707784086

You will need to collect the bike as I am not able to deliver it to you.

You can purchase directly from 50 Cycles here: http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/used-ebikes/2015_agattu_premium_impulse_8_50cm.html

Matt Williams

Aug 6, 2014
Description
Price reduced to £2000

2015 Kalkhoff Agattu Premium Impulse 8 (50cm) Crossbar £2000

This is the 2015 version of the very popular Agattu Impulse 8. It has the latest belt drive instead of chain.

I purchased the bike (http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/activity/agattu_premium_impulse_8.html) from 50 cycles on 15/01/15, so it is brand new. I am selling due to personal reasons. The bike is fantastically engineered and is amongst the most impressive machines I've ever seen! Every component is top quality and engineered to perfection.

I have only taken the bike on 4 rides and have run the battery through a single cycle to condition it. But it hasn't been used since. The bike is in immaculate, brand new condition. I have even conditioned the battery for the new owner!

The only modification I have made to the bike is to add an Immobilise (https://www.immobilise.com/) sticker on the underside of the frame (near the handlebars) and placed the Immobilise security scanning tracker inside the seat post. I then logged the Immobilise security details on their site. This gives you added protection if the bike is stolen - as it's used by the police, you can log into your Immobilise account where you can show police details of the bike (Immobilise tracking no., pictures of the bike, frame no., battery key no. etc.). I will of course delete my Immobilise account and pass the new owner the Immobilise security details so that you can create your own account and log information there. It is well worth doing.

Other than that, the bike is unmodified and looking for a new owner who will appreciate its considerable charms!

The bike sells for £2,395.00 on 50 Cycles. I am selling it for £2,000 as it is new. I have all documentation that came with the bike too.

I am situated in Newport, S.Wales.

Contact email: shredder2001@gmail.com
Mobile: 07707784086

You will need to collect the bike as I am not able to deliver it to you.

You can purchase directly from 50 Cycles here: http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/used-ebikes/2015_agattu_premium_impulse_8_50cm.html

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
Matt I do sympathise with you needing to sell this bike so soon. However I think I should point out that 50 Cycles had a 10% sale that ended 0n 11 Jan, just 4 days before you purchased yours, so anyone intending to buy one is likely to have already had the opportunity to buy one at £2150. Given people's preference to buy something with a warranty from the day of purchase, and the fact that the price of a new one includes delivery anywhere in the UK, I suspect you will have to drop considerably more before you achieve a sale.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree, as unfair as it seems in these circumstances, I think the price still too high to achieve a sale.

One reason for prices initially dropping so sharply in such markets is the effect of VAT which has no second hand value of course.

The new bike was £1995.83 plus VAT at 20%.

Therefore the first asking price of £2100 included over £104 of previously charged VAT, and the new price of £2000 still includes a little VAT.

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
In the world of buying and selling, its not a matter of "fair" but of what someone would be willing to pay. I looked at your bike because I am thinking of buying one of these - but it's for my wife and she would only consider a step thru model. However if it had been what I wanted I would not have gone above £1800, and would probably have started talking at around £1500. That's taking into account that I would be passing by your part of Wales in a few weeks. Not fair at all, but probably the best you will do. I hope you can prove me wrong!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, you have a good point. What do you think would be a fair asking price then?
As 4bound says, any price that it will achieve will be unfair in the circumstances, but it's unavoidable pain. I agree with the £1500 to £1800 range, perhaps starting a bit higher but indicating willingness to negotiate, for example listing as £1900 ono.

That way a buyer saves the VAT and a little extra on what is effectively a new bike.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
50cycles would also probably offer low interest repayments on a brand new bike,so no large one off payment to make pay as you save.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
50cycles would also probably offer low interest repayments on a brand new bike,so no large one off payment to make pay as you save.
Think they currently have a 18 month interest free deal on.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Have you got it advertised on the 50 cycles website in the used section? At the price and with the low use it might sell there more easily.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Your bike shows up on the link but it doesn’t when you go to used bikes on the website. So no one can see it. There are always some optimistic prices there among the good deals but you should get that price if it’s visible.....

I would mention that the full warranty is transferable since a buyer might not know that. If you still had the box delivery would sell it easier. I sent an ebike for only £25 last summer with Parcelmonkey. Bike shops will give you boxes but you’ll need a big one.

Matt Williams

Aug 6, 2014
Thanks John. I've asked for the ad to be taken down for now as I have a potential buyer viewing on Sunday. If needs be though, I'll reinstate it in the Used Bikes section.

And thanks for the warranty info. I thought the warranty wasn't transferable, but if it is, even better for the future new owner!

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Thanks John. I've asked for the ad to be taken down for now as I have a potential buyer viewing on Sunday. If needs be though, I'll reinstate it in the Used Bikes section.

And thanks for the warranty info. I thought the warranty wasn't transferable, but if it is, even better for the future new owner!
Yes it is and they honour it too as long as the new owner has the invoice. You can refer a buyer to the section on their website where they state that it is.

Osho

Pedelecer
Jan 13, 2015
Bournemouth
I hope that 50Cycles would honour the warranty. However I have just registered my bike with the manufacturer and this is what they say:
( Google translates)
Our proven quality "Made in Germany". From model year 2014, we offer the expansion of our extensive warranty program for all part of the E-bike segments City-, Comfort and trekking to ten years. 45 km / h S-Pedelecs are not part of the program.

Here the warranty provisions:

Should occur within the 10-year warranty on the frame material or workmanship that result in cracking or breakage, please contact your dealer contract. The warranty applies only to the first (1st) owner and can not be transferred.
The warranty is processed exclusively by your dealer. Please contact your dealer for a new framework; the conversion is done by the dealer.
Wear, wear and aging at the usual rates are excluded from the warranty, as well as damage or defects to paintwork on e-bike frame. Damage to the paint that arise after the handover by the dealer, not covered by the warranty conditions and not under the warranty period. If the cycle have been used in race or hire, the warranty does not apply.
It must be the default inspection by an authorized dealer performed and have been noted in the service booklet.
If the model is no longer within the 10-year warranty period the product portfolio, you will receive an adequate replacement model from the existing product range (color and decor may vary from the original model).
To activate the 10-year frame warranty, you must register online your model within eight (8) weeks from the date of purchase complete with all the details here.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
If you bought it from 50 cycles the warranty is with them and they do transfer it. If you did buy from them I’m not sure why you registered it with Germany.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
If you bought it from 50 cycles the warranty is with them and they do transfer it. If you did buy from them I’m not sure why you registered it with Germany.
I bought a used Kalkhoff and 50 cycles have transferred the warranty to me. It works as well as they replace a faulty battery for me..

Reactions: flecc