2018 Bikes, but sticking with what i've got

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
OK, so i like the integrated battery in down tube, but other than this no real battery performance change and certainly no improvement on current Bosch motor performance. I'll see what 2019 brings.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont like the integrated batts because the batt is the wrong way round on most bike on the down tube so will get hit buy stones all the time the down tube now is also fkn huge thus adding even more waight and i bet that batt is about 1000 quid for a new one and also will be more heavy adding even more waight to the bikes thus less range as well with the cx motors.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
OK, so i like the integrated battery in down tube, but other than this no real battery performance change and certainly no improvement on current Bosch motor performance. I'll see what 2019 brings.
Active and active plus city drives are quieter and have fullsize chainring.

On change to performance drives this year, probably next.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
image.jpeg I do like the new snake battery on the lappier, but will stick with what I go for now.

Last edited:

Peter Goddard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2015
I have a Haibike Sduro All Mtn RC 2016 and I'm completely happy with it. Apart from a few punctures I've had ZERO issues after 3000 miles. It's tempting to think about upgrades but apart from a few tweaks the only differences seem to be in tube batteries, which I do like, but it's not a good enough reason to spend money on upgrading. Things have developed well this year, I think 2019 will be even more interesting.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I have a Haibike Sduro All Mtn RC 2016 and I'm completely happy with it. Apart from a few punctures I've had ZERO issues after 3000 miles. It's tempting to think about upgrades but apart from a few tweaks the only differences seem to be in tube batteries, which I do like, but it's not a good enough reason to spend money on upgrading. Things have developed well this year, I think 2019 will be even more interesting.
Exactly how i feel, can't keep upgrading for sake of it and although battery integration is nice, it's still only cosmetic. I think there will be bigger improvements in motor and battery tech 2019.

Related Articles

Advertisers