36v hub conversion - fast commuter

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
May I ask why ? Just for fun and experience ? Seems the mid drive did a better job for your requirements?

Sorry if this seems silly question. My commute is flat as a pancake so I just wonder why fix something that ain't broke !

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
May I ask why ? Just for fun and experience ? Seems the mid drive did a better job for your requirements?

Sorry if this seems silly question. My commute is flat as a pancake so I just wonder why fix something that ain't broke !

You’ve guessed correct - just for fun & experience. The hub drive offers a slightly different riding experience and it’s nice to alternate between the two drive types. The bbs01 actually lives on in a second boardman conversion in the garage :)

I’m hoping the Q128C is a bit lower maintenance - the bbs01 needs a regrease every 1000 miles or so (although that’s very much a labour of love!)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
You’ve guessed correct - just for fun & experience. The hub drive offers a slightly different riding experience and it’s nice to alternate between the two drive types. The bbs01 actually lives on in a second boardman conversion in the garage :)

I’m hoping the Q128C is a bit lower maintenance - the bbs01 needs a regrease every 1000 miles or so (although that’s very much a labour of love!)
Could I ask you to come back and update this post after you've used it for 6 months or something

Very interested to hear

I've a bbs02 on order for my hardtail but am considering q128c motor for my commuter. It has a gsm at the moment and has had a front hub before that

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the bbs01 needs a regrease every 1000 miles or so (although that’s very much a labour of love!)
it's because the factory skim on grease. If you regrease the motor yourself, you'll do a better job.

Advertisers