48v to 52v revisited

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Hi guys
Well after 3 months of dithering, 3months of vast research, which by the way you guys on here have been instrumental, and played a major part in My quest for knowledge. And then 7 weeks of design thoughts swilling around My head, no exaggeration, I couldn't sleep at times!!

I finally ordered a 52v 28ah battery pack made up of LG MJ1 cells with 10amp discharge rate I believe from Unitpackpower, the only company I could find with a dedicated tough plastic triangle case. The bike is not quite finished yet, but is rideable, and indeed has done 50miles on this pack up to now while riding it to and from a good friend for help with the electrical side, looking terrible I might add with wires everywhere, and half a frame box half finished! I will post some photos of the build so far with a brief before and after photo of the 1st build 7 months ago.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Looks like you've gone for a controller upgrade too, what amperage is that beast running at?
Hi Pete
Yeah well spotted! It's a Sine wave 48v 45amp 18 pcs Mosfet. Only just got it in! Just a tad more trim and a bit of tidying up, and some livery decal and I think that's it. I Now have a 13ah 48v Dolphin pack for sale if anyone is interested.
Cheers Pete

Last edited:

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Finally it's finished...... well nearly? I have gone for 2 different liveries for Now, I really can't decide on which? I'm actually now considering keeping both permanently, any thoughts guys?