8fun crank drive kit

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Looks a good idea, just need someone to sell one at a time not got much use for 50! Maybe 8fun uk will get some in

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Looks a good idea, just need someone to sell one at a time not got much use for 50! Maybe 8fun uk will get some in
Already on the case oigoi. I have approached my Chinese contact and awaiting a reply.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
A kit like that could become very popular indeed, especially if it slots neatly into the bottom bracket and the motor could be placed inside the triangle. An LCD which enables you to enter a number of parameters into the controller eg voltage and max current would be extremely useful. The internal reduction should be much quieter than chain drives like GNG and it has a double clutch to allow freewheeling and reduce drag. It says it can take 24v or 36v, might even stretch to 48v? It is discretely painted black and has plugs rather than connectors.
In short, this kit could outsell Bosch, someone really should check it out! :)

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I have been sent the pdf data sheet but it is 1.9mb so too large to download here, need a site to host it, can anyone help?

My contact can supply but needs firm orders.

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I have been sent the pdf data sheet but it is 1.9mb so too large to download here, need a site to host it, can anyone help?

My contact can supply but needs firm orders.
Any idea roughtly on price ?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Looks exciting, should have Bafang quality too.

Mmmmmm, so tempting to go mid-drive.... decisions decisions :p

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
80N torque (Bosch 55N), 83RPM, 3.7kgs, $300 each.
It could be the new kid on the block.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Perhaps d8veh'll slip one in his suitcase....
I would be disappointed if I don't hear of a new triple drive Rocky Mountain appearing in Bristol but I think he would have to find a way of mounting his suitcase on the rear rack to hold all the batteries.

aka: old watch sketch from Morecambe and Wise show.

Its great how there is a broad mixture of members with different goals, the first thing I noticed about the kit is it has a throttle;)

Another photo of the kit received:

8fun.jpg

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The kit comes with 36V 15A controller, possibly to be compatible with EN15194. It needs a 20A+ controller really - same power as d8veh's BPM kit.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
The kit comes with 36V 15A controller, possibly to be compatible with EN15194. It needs a 20A+ controller really - same power as d8veh's BPM kit.
If the controller can handle 48v, then that would boost the performance to a decent level.
Let's hope this kit doesn't go the way of the GNG crank drive, which turned out to have a fair few teething problems.
Need this kit to be robust from the word go ;)

Last edited:

Marctwo

Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2012
This would look nice on my sirocco. Should do close to 25mph unrestricted (?) with 11t on the wheel.

Didn't notice any mention of PAS...

Although it seems convenient to have the controller in the motor housing, I'd be a bit concerned about heat. And replacing the controller may not be so simple.

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Although it seems convenient to have the controller in the motor housing, I'd be a bit concerned about heat. And replacing the controller may not be so simple.
My cyclone motor is the same, controller in the motor housing.Simplifies the wiring, the controller can be replaced but needs a bit of soldering and needs a supplier of the controller circuit board. Some people who have cyclone controllers fail wire into the hall sensors in the motor and use an external controller

Looks like it has some fins on it's housing so shouldn't be too bad with the heat but depends how much power you're putting through it I guess, the cyclone has no fins as standard but they are sold as an accessory, which I have fitted and have not problems with cooling so far

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Says it's brushless but looks like just two wires, black and red, from the motor suggesting it is a brushed motor, wonder if shemozzle can confirm?
It does seem to have PAS and throttle. Probably similar to the GNG2 in power output but without the chain therefore quieter and cleaner.
Let's hope at $300 that includes delivery to doorstep!