A bike for my wife.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Spoke to A2B yesterday. When I outlined our requirements he immediately told me the Entz, whilst a great bike, isn't the right bike for her.
So tomorrow off to look at the Gocycle but also pop over to A2B to look at their Ferber. Love to try a Ridgeback Electron but no one has one to try. Will also drop into Volt to look at the Infinity. Pity David's developments at Wisper didn't include a Shimano STePs trekking bike.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I can almost guarantee that!

We may be favouring the Bosch Performance for our new City and Trekking bikes they are so much cheaper than Shimano and the weight and design isn't as critical as on an eMTB.

We will make final decisions in Germany next week.

All the best, David

D

Deleted member 4366

I've heard of and have my own sad tales about after sales support from A2B, so be careful of that one.

The Gocycle is a brilliant bike, and I'm sure she'll love it anyway. You can have lots of fun making power profiles in your smartphone to get it just how you want. Everything about it is perfect with one exception that they sort of overlooked in the design: how do you lock it to a lamp-post? You can use a D-lock sometimes, but it would be a lot better if it had a hoop somewhere to put a longer chain through.

Reactions: Crockers

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Well we've narrowed it down to two bikes. The Riese and Muller Tinker and the Gocycle 3. Of the two she felt the Gocycle was the preferred choice but slightly too tall. So the cycle shop are getting a lowered seat post delivered next week for her to try. Of the two I think I prefer the R&M but then it's her choice. Ruled out the A2B as she found all the other step through frames too large, so it seemed pointless.

Have to say we found Martin at Onbike very helpful, no pressure, and very knowledgeable. Pity if we go the Gocycle route it's not a brand they sell.

As an aside, I loved the R&M charger GX with Rolhof hub they had in the window. ...... Tempting.

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Right back to the think tank.
Gocycle don't have any shortened seatposts in the UK and won't have any for 3-6 months. Then they are £120. So......
What does the panel think about the Orbea Katu. ???

Also I like the KTM machina fold just shown on here.

Last edited:

Kendalian

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2016
Cumbria
I made this comment in another thread:-

"I have the Orbea Katu 20e and find it a great ride.

https://www.orbea.com/gb-en/brands/katu-e/

I went for this style of bike as I needed it to fit crossways in the back of my panel van conversion (with foldable pedals and handlebars turned through 90 degrees). I also changed the bolts fixing the basket in place to ones with wingnuts so it is easy to remove. The basket is great when going shopping and leaving the van on site. Note: the front light is not attached to the basket.
Despite the 20" wheels it feels really stable - even at 35.6 mph (don't tell the wife). Being relatively heavy these e-bikes can certainly get some momentum going downhill! - glad it has hydraulic disc brakes. The 20e also has 8 speed hub gears which I find great, and so far maintenance free.
The Katu is certainly worth a test ride."

Cheers

Kendalian

Reactions: Crockers