A christmas eve safety message and reminder

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hello to you all,

First of all i would like to say that i feel very privileged to be a member on this site,because i have learn't nothing,sorry i meant that i've gained so much bits and pieces on here from lots of people, (to many to name) about different types of electric bicycles.

The most and important subject that i would like to stress on is about "SAFETY",and i need to bring these two situations forward that i had encountered about 5:30pm yesterday. I was riding my ebike when i was approaching a set of red traffic lights whe this man obliviously drove through them without any care in the road.

Then approximately an hour later another man was getting out of his parked car and obviously he never took time to peep or even quickly glance through his wing mirror,just suddenly forcefully with his foot kicked open his door as wide as it could go ( I SCREAMED OUT LIKE A PUSSY CAT ON HEAT),he did say sorry.Thank GOD that i wasn't travelling very fast.

Then last of all on my way home,again approaching a cross way intersection with a full set of geen lights ahead of me another man for the third time,impatiently shot across me but this time i knew that he was fully aware of my presence,but just didn't care,agian i alerted him with that strange cat noise and funny enough he did put up his hand to say sorry.

Therefore this is why i need to let you all know as a family how serious it is out there on the roads and busy streets to be extra vigilant at all times

Mountainsport. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Mountainsport,

I don't think we cyclists need to be carefull out there, its the other shower of incontinent B'stards, who as routine ,jump red lights ,drive dangerously ,or as I have written before ,bike users ride recklessly ,not forgetting the morons who cross three lanes ,on foot ,of fast moving traffic whilst texting to their friends on the mobile.

If there is one thing that I can hope for in the coming year is for fellow mankind to look around and think what they are about to do , are the the lame brains who think that their actions are without consequence
ever going to think that?

My rant is not about 'elf 'n safety ,just common sense!!!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
be extra vigilant at all times

Mountainsport. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!
Yes, it's the only way to be on the roads, however travelling. If there's someone in the offside seats of a car, I just assume they will throw open the door just as I arrive. Equally I know that most on the move have an ambition to kill or maim me so I just make that as difficult as possible for them to achieve, whatever the circumstances. Maybe that's what I've achieved 66 Happy New Cycling Years without colliding with any vehicle or person. Assume the worst and everything else becomes a bonus.

Happy New Year to all, homicidal maniacs included. :) Where would A & E TV be without you!

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
have to agree ,i ride my bike as if playing chess [always thinking 4 moves ahead] the only time i had an accdent, was 10 years back, came out local paper shop some idoit on bike run straight in to me broke my wrist he was thrown in to shop window ,both ended up in A and E , when he was asked what hapend he said[ i walked out in front of him] i then pointed out that he was on a pavement . anyway wishing all you A HAPPY NEW YEAR from scottland.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
have to agree ,i ride my bike as if playing chess [always thinking 4 moves ahead] the only time i had an accdent, was 10 years back, came out local paper shop some idoit on bike run straight in to me broke my wrist he was thrown in to shop window ,both ended up in A and E , when he was asked what hapend he said[ i walked out in front of him] i then pointed out that he was on a pavement . anyway wishing all you A HAPPY NEW YEAR from scottland.
Hi john h,

I hate you now in a loving way if you know what i mean,it must be a very nice place to ride during the summer period,i can not really and truely fathom what it will be like in the winter time i suppose a little bit on the CHILLY!!! side.

Mountainsport. NICE ONE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
TBH, I've always ridden (bikes and motorcycles) with the assumption that everyone else around has the intention of killing me.

So far this policy has worked.....................

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
In my flying years, it was drummed into me there was old pilots and bold pilots, but never any Old Bold pilots!!!
And I learnt from that?
Happy New Year Folks.

Bob:rolleyes:

Advertisers