a good pump

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
can anyone recommend a good pump to carry. My bike has the Schrader valves, and I would prefer a connector that screws on rather than the push fit that seems the only type.

gray

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I like the track pump type like this Topeak mountain model, easy to use like a stirrup pump yet compact and light. I'm afraid it has the push connector, I can't remember the last time I saw a screw-on, it was so long ago.

Here's the Topeak fitted on a bike with their quick-detach slide on fixing:

Topeak.jpg

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Hi Grey,

I have been using this item from 'Crank Brothers' for some years now.

Crank Brothers Power Pump Ultralight Compact Pump: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

I think I paid £12 for mine, but it has a 2 stage pump which works very well. It's only about 5 inches long and has proved robust and effective. It's not a screw on type, but the valve clamp works well and it is ergonomically nice to use as you can brace it firmly against the spokes.

It will inflate a flat tyre to about 25 psi in less than a minute on a 26" MTB tyre.

It has also saved my neck on a motorcycle tyre. Good kit, easy to use. Fits in a trouser pocket.

Hope you're getting some in with all the sunshine.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Hi Grey,

?ie=UTF8&qid=1338114109&sr=8-2]Crank Brothers Power Pump Ultralight Compact Pump: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors[/url]

I think I paid £12 for mine, but it has a 2 stage pump which works very well. It's only about 5 inches long and has proved robust and effective. It's not a screw on type, but the valve clamp works well and it is ergonomically nice to use as you can brace it firmly against the spokes.

It will inflate a flat tyre to about 25 psi in less than a minute on a 26" MTB tyre.

It has also saved my neck on a motorcycle tyre. Good kit, easy to use. Fits in a trouser pocket.

Hope you're getting some in with all the sunshine.
Excuse me young man, is that a Crank Brothers Compact Ultralite, or are you just pleased to see me?

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Yes Eaglerider,

Guess I will just have to keep it out of sight. Don't want to get anyone overexcited

Advertisers