A lot of factors involved for a newbie.

Al_taketheHighRoad

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2017
Glasgow
Hi everyone, for many a year ive enjoyed cycling around mainly my area, but as the years ave went on and due to ill health, I cant drive and with putting on some added weight (vicious circle) I though that an electric bike would be ideal for me to keep as fit as able, but for a long time, I could never justify one.
That is until my missus and me purchased a wee holiday place down the west coast of Scotland, a bit of a doer upper, anyway, its also very remote but has got some great trails and country roads with all sorts of inclines, perfect area for an electric bike.
She has promised that I could get one, once the holiday place is done up and ideally I would like a Haibike FatSix model, although a little pricy, it seems to be the one to fit the needs and the area.
I think one of the problems with choosing a bike, apart from knowing the technical specs and what they can mean to you on a road or off-road even, things like online reviews just muddy the waters due to a lot of conflicting advice or recommendations, which to be fair are only sponsored nonsense and its very hard to sift through genuine good bang for buck from manufacturers cutting corners on quality etc and trying to push out a bike thats not worth even half the money, which I feel you really cant do that with an electric bike, so here I am, willing to pick up hints, tips and waiting to see what folks viewpoints are on latest models etc before my missus gives in and gives me the green light.

v8DaveP

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 31, 2016
hertfordshire
I have just given back a Haibike full fat 7.0 I had on demo for a few days ....it was a brilliant piece of kit, so much so that now. I am selling my Cube allmtn to get one!