A random thread for things too unimportant for their own thread...

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Ordered a bms and pure nickle H strip with weld slits from Ann power on Aliexpress, very impressed with the service 9 days delivered using normal post.
Also just had a refund back from Aliexpress as an item never materialised, so much easier and more efficient then fleabay.
I'm about to order this
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32769107263.html#autostay
from aliexpress. I've not done this before. How dodgy is it? The seller claims 70 favourable reviews, but no matter how one tries only one (in Italian) can be viewed (which isn't wildly inspiring).

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
My limited alli experience (3 purchases) is positive, 2 corect items (RC car parts) and the third sent the wrong model monocular, the corect item resent and I got to keep the first monocular aswell :cool:

Reactions: Steb

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
My limited alli experience (3 purchases) is positive, 2 corect items (RC car parts) and the third sent the wrong model monocular, the corect item resent and I got to keep the first monocular aswell :cool:
You,ve got a binocular...or is it a pair of binoculars, but that's surely 4 monoculars.??

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
@soundwave

A little bit of research for you.

See if you can find the weight of the following Schwalbe tyres. I keep coming up with differing info.

(1) Nobby Nic EVO 27.5 x 2.80 Addix folding Snakeskin TL-Easy Apex Speed Grip (blue stripe)

(2) The the same Nobby Nic tyre, but in in 27.5 x 3.0

(3) Magic Mary 27.5 x 2.80 Addix folding Snakeskin TL-Easy Apex Speed Grip (blue stripe)

(4) Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.80 Snakeskin TL Easy Pacestar

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Good question ? As I was typing " Binocular " my iPad assumed I was saying " binoculars " and automaticly corrected my typing.
Ocular being the thing you look through, bi or mono denotes the quantity.
Just like, cycle prefixed by bi, uni or tri. You wouldn't say bicycles or a pair of bicycles when there was only one ;)

Reactions: Zlatan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nice one. I spent ages looking at their site without being able to figure that one out. :)

There are so many people quoting differing weights, so it's good to actually get them from source.

I'm just playing around with figures for the pedal bike.

On the rear I'll be adding 175g by swapping out a 2.8 Rocket Ron in favour of a 2.8 Nobby Nic and on the front I'll adding 40g by swapping out a 3.0 Nobby Nic for a 2.8 Magic Mary.

Going tubeless saves 495g so I'm still making an overall saving of 280g. Crucially the additional weight isn't as much as I had thought on the front.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
mary has always won the best tyre overall for grip off road over the years in all conditions just i need a sg tyre on the rear so i dont rip it of the rim with 25 psi.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
mary has always won the best tyre overall for grip off road over the years in all conditions just i need a sg tyre on the rear so i dont rip it of the rim with 25 psi.
I run hans dumpf on back, harder longer lasting compound with stronger carcus. Soft gripper compound magic mary on front.

There is no reason you cant fit Magic mary to rear, excellent grip but higher rolling resistance, which is not issue on ebike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0030.JPG
;)

Reactions: Warwick

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I wonder where my latest purchase of a set of hanging scales comes from.

"Batteries included". I had to smile.

Oh, that did make me chuckle.

Does anyone know why the Chinese create bastardised brands such as this? I mean, its not that anyone would actually mistake these for genuine Panasonic cells and if they really wanted to create a proper knock-off, I'd imagine they'd clone something much more desirable like Duracells.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm about to order this
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32769107263.html#autostay
from aliexpress. I've not done this before. How dodgy is it? The seller claims 70 favourable reviews, but no matter how one tries only one (in Italian) can be viewed (which isn't wildly inspiring).
Generally very good satisfaction with Ali, a couple of items instantly refunded after a no show. One item that did turn up very late after a no show following a refund, I contacted seller and paid the owing amount and received a open voucher for a discount next time.

Advertisers