Advice on a controller

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
I am building my next ebike and have a Bafang 36V 350W (BFSWX02) which is being "spoked" into a 27.5" wheel, I have a 48V downtube battery but no controller - so am looking for any advice on a suitable one. I connected the motor to my existing bike which is also 48V and has a controller which came with a 1000W direct drive kit - so i know it all works and i am very happy cutting/soldering/crimping if the connectors are not compatible (Bafang has a Julet)

Would a sine wave offer any benefits? Any help appreciated - thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sine wave is quieter then Sq wave, physics not being a subject of mine I believe it is the way the signal is delivered as a smoother pulse.
Don't forget the SWXO2 rpm will be 25% faster at 48v, though from recollection there aren't many Cambridge hills maybe the odd slope.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Don't forget the SWXO2 rpm will be 25% faster at 48v, though from recollection there aren't many Cambridge hills maybe the odd slope.
South of the city towards the Suffolk border you get a few undulations, but the city and north you are right it is flat - we seek out dropped kerbs and pot holes.

I did a quick test and under no load (just the motor not even a wheel attached to it) it spun up to 24MPH as reported on the LCD3 (which was still set for a 26" wheel) - so if that gives me upper teens when spoked/laced and in a bike that is perfect.