Alien, Phylion battery connectors - Source?

jbond

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2010
Ware, Herts
www.voidstar.com
The battery from BMSBattery is different. It has it's own plate, which fixes to any rack. The battery case has two slots so that the battery slides on to the plate and there's a hole in the front into which the lock bolt goes. You could use the battery, but I think, you'd need a new rack and you'd have to re-mount the controller somewhere else, or you could buy a new 9 or 12FET controller at the same time as the battery because they're very cheap without additional postage, and then you can realise the true potential of the motor. You'd need a 20aH battery with the 12 FET controller.
Happy ending to this. I bought this from BMSBattery. 36V15Ah Li-Ion Alloy Shell EBike Battery Pack - BMSBATTERY The mount is exactly the same. It slides onto the existing Alien Aurora rack plate, the lock pin locks into the same hole in the plate. The one catch is the need to remove the panel mount connector and replace it with the kettle plug that came from BMSBattery.

Jim Rawcliffe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 4, 2015
Hello all. I realise it's a long time since this was originally posted but I have an Alien bike with the battery mentioned above and I would like to buy a new one. Does anyone know where to get one please. Thanks. Jim

D

Deleted member 4366

Chuck the rack, battery and everything. Get a nice frame (downtube) mounted battery and stick the controller in a tool-bag. While you're at it, change the controller to a nice LCD one, which will make your bike loads better and bring it up to modern standards. The main difference will be the better handling without all that weight on the back.

Which alien bike is it?

jbond

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2010
Ware, Herts
www.voidstar.com
Hello all. I realise it's a long time since this was originally posted but I have an Alien bike with the battery mentioned above and I would like to buy a new one. Does anyone know where to get one please. Thanks. Jim
Go and check BMS Battery or GreenBike, http://www.bmsbattery.com, http://www.greenbikekit.com/ and look for a battery of the same size and shape, 36v, LiNMC. As far as I can tell they come in two lengths for 36v-15Ahr and 36v-10Ahr. But the locking mechanism and extrusion hasn't changed so it should fit straight into your existing rack. As above in the thread, you may end up having to change the plug/socket connection to the controller. eg this one.
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/162-36v10ah-li-ion-alloy-05-case-ebike-battery-pack-battery.html

or this one.
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/232-36v15ah-li-ion-alloy-05-case-ebike-battery-pack-ecitypower-battery.html

Jim Rawcliffe

Jan 4, 2015
Thanks for your reply's guys. It's a "Synergie", photos attached. It was pre owned by a bloke who'd been banned from driving! He'd fallen off a few times and mashed it up. It had been left outside and the motor was full of water so I stripped it down, cleaned and re-greased it. Still sounds noisy to me but seems to work ok. I bought it for carrying me and my fishing gear on difficult to access places and I have to say it's been an absolutely wonderful addition. The battery now only gives me about 2 -3 miles with all the gear on it so I'm torn between binning the whole lot and starting again or buying a new battery. Any suggestions for a replacement?

Attachments

Jim Rawcliffe

Jan 4, 2015
Chuck the rack, battery and everything. Get a nice frame (downtube) mounted battery and stick the controller in a tool-bag. While you're at it, change the controller to a nice LCD one, which will make your bike loads better and bring it up to modern standards. The main difference will be the better handling without all that weight on the back.

Which alien bike is it?
Sound like a sensible approach but when it comes to wiring I'm completely in the dark.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for your reply's guys. It's a "Synergie", photos attached. It was pre owned by a bloke who'd been banned from driving! He'd fallen off a few times and mashed it up. It had been left outside and the motor was full of water so I stripped it down, cleaned and re-greased it. Still sounds noisy to me but seems to work ok. I bought it for carrying me and my fishing gear on difficult to access places and I have to say it's been an absolutely wonderful addition. The battery now only gives me about 2 -3 miles with all the gear on it so I'm torn between binning the whole lot and starting again or buying a new battery. Any suggestions for a replacement?
Just for info - I'm sure that's the bike Alien sold as the "Typhoon" model . I think all their bikes had "Synergie" on them. It was my first ebike, see pic2012_0625newbike0005.JPG

Sorry I can't help with the battery.

Jim

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yes. It came in black or white and you had to fit the throttle which they provided yourself!

Jim

Jim Rawcliffe

Jan 4, 2015
Ok I've done a bit of research and you're right, BMS do sell the battery BUT they want $130 p&p!!! Anyone know of anywhere in the UK?