AliExpress vs eBay for buyer protection?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Just started dipping a toe into buying goods from AliExpress. I've only ever had to use eBay's buyer protection once, after hundreds of purchases. The issue was resolved fairly quickly and without fuss.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had to use AliExpress' buyer protection, and if yes, what the experience was like?

Links below are a comparison of both schemes:

AliExpress buyer protection

Ebay buyer protection

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Bought over 2 dozen items from AliExpress including BBS02 and BBSHD and never needed buyer protection.
I have heard from people who have used it and not seen a bad report.
All payments are held in escrow and the seller doesnt get their money until you inform AliExpress that the item has arrived and you are happy.
I have been ripped off twice on Ebay and the first time it cost me £399.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I only use them (Ali) for cheap hard to find in local shop items. All expensive stuff I buy in the EU for 1 or 2 year guarantee and buyer protection. I haven't bought much from ebay I usually use amazon market.

D

Deleted member 4366

I use Aliexpress a lot and never had any problems. I think the protection is less and there appear to be a lot of short term sellers, but I've always got what I paid for. One time, I got an email saying that the product that I ordered was out of stock and unavailable. The seller offered an unsuitable alternative. When I told him my exact requirements, he came back with a suitable alternative. It was a special small BMS for a botle battery.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have had two refunds via Ali after items failed to arrive no quibble payment was made quickly.
I use them as often they have a better range of items for your particular requirements then ebay but that is due to the fact that they are in China with China sellers, after all most stuff we buy is China made.

• Informative

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Except our tyres which are made in Indonesia... :rolleyes:

Advertisers