Ancheer hall sensors

mr watts

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2020
sheffield uk
Hi everyone,I hope someone on here can help me.
I have acquired an ancheer 250w 36v geared hub motor which the windings/sensor board are burnt out.
The hall sensors on the p.c.b are strange,I'm unsure which type they are (see images)
The centre hall sensor is white for some reason and I can't seem to find an equivalent,seemingly it is unipolar,however I can't test either of them as they're burned out.The controller doesn't give me any clue either.
Can anyone advise me which sensors or sensor board combination should work.
As replacements.
Many thanks in advance for any help/advice

Attachments

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
They have got really hot. What do the windings on the motor look like? If they are burned up the motor is useles.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
They look like latching hall sensors. Where they switch on when they see a north magnetic field, then stay latched on until they see a south magnetic field, then switch off.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The white one is a 463AN, often only part of a part number is written on the case...

Why different? Perhaps low stock on the 461s when the board was made?

Screenshot_20230927-173606_Chrome.jpg

mr watts

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2020
sheffield uk
Thanks for that,mate.
I presume the white one goes central and the latching ones either side,sorry for the obvious,just checking.
Cheers.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Looks like it matters then!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
On some bikes that have three identical hall sensors, the middle one is orientated the other way round for whatever reason. The Ancheer motor has them all orientated the same way, but the middle one is white like on some other bikes/motors. I would say that the white one behaves the same as a normal one the other way round, so goes it high when a normal one would be low. You can achieve the same by turning the middle hall of the normal type the other way round, but then the legs will line up with the wrong holes in the PCB. The middle leg is ground and would be the same either way round, so you can leave that, but signal and 5v need to be wired directly to where the wires are attached after cutting the tracks to the pads where it's fixed.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
My curiosity forced me to find data sheets and look for a reason for the different middle hall sensor.

Turns out the 463 is available in two forms, 463A and 463AN, and they react oppositely to N and S magnet poles. The 461 seems only to be in A form, so the 463AN in the middle is there because the opposite behaviour is wanted compared to the other two. Something to do with the position relative to the motor magnets, or requirements of the controller I imagine.

Screenshot_20230928-173946_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20230928-173849_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

mr watts

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2020
sheffield uk
Hi,a quick question about this motor re
Wind.
The central hall sensor B is positioned between 2 stator teeth and sensors A and C are in the centre of the hammer head in machined slots,my question is if I want to start rewinding from,for example sensor A ,do I start winding from the actual tooth the sensor is set in or do I start from the tooth before it.
Hope you can help,sorry if it's obvious and thanks in advance.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If you rewind in the same pattern or coil arrangement, the halls need to be in the same arrangement too..

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
As there are only three phases, this cannot go too badly wrong! Each phase is adjacent to all (I.e. both) of the others, so the worst that can happen is that your big motor phase wires are in the wrong sequence relative to the hall sensors. That can be resolved after rebuild by trying all the combinations until you find the one that is best.

The only ways to get it right first time are fabulous knowledge or a perfect record of how it was before.

As long as the windings are correct in direction and allocation to the right phase, then you should be fine. That is achieved by copying what was there before.

Advertisers