Votes: 51 14.0%
  • over 60

Votes: 86 23.6%

• Total voters

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Anonymous poll: how old are you ?

Although the e-biking demographics traditionally gravitate around the upper end of the age spectrum, I suspect I'm not the only "young" owner here (early thirties). So, let's roll a new poll to get updated figures ! :D

- EDIT -

I should explain why I used overlapping age ranges. As you may have noticed, the few ones who happen to be right on the boundary of an age range have to think twice about their poll choice. The goal is not to be scientifically / statistically accurate, as explained below.

Firstly, please note that this poll has no end-date, so I guess it will remain active for a while (i.e. "active" = people entering their vote). The "final" results will therefore be based on a snapshot taken over a few weeks/months period, so dead-on accuracy is not the objective of this poll. The point of these age categories with "loose" ends is to give people an opportunity to position themselves within the age range they think best suits them (in case their age is on a boundary). Persons clocking at 50 years and 3/4 will probably prefer to vote for the younger category...but I actually know a few people who would prefer the opposite: in all honesty, the higher range is more representative of their age "period". I think that the more important factor to the relevancy / usefulness of this poll is the decision to divide the age spectrum into half-decade segments, rather than full-decades (too wide), or quarter-decades (too "fussy"). That being said, I often hear people say "I'm in my early-thirties" or "I'm in my late-forties" or "I'm in my mid-twenties" ... so maybe a third-of-a-decade would have been a better sampling choice :p The maximum number of poll choices is 20, so 3 years-long periods would enable sampling from 15 years to 75 years (60 years spectrum)...but the readability of the horizontal bar chart would have been somewhat compromised ! :D

Let us know what you think.

Cheers, Dan

Last edited:

Lloyd

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Me too, under 30 but only just. In fact now I am just plain pushing my luck :p

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Great poll to start, it will be interesting to see the results! I'm 39 btw

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's growing fast, nearly 70% at this point in the second half of life (over 40) as expected.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm 50, now where do I vote? 45-50 or 50-55 :eek:
Convention says the lower range as Mussels advises, but that's only for whole numbers. Illogical though, considering one is moving into the upper range and can never go back.

However, you are over 50 precisely so it should be the upper range since the lower means 45 to 50, not including 50.

Last edited:

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
So Mussels says 45-50 and Flecc says 50-55 :confused: so what's best?

Theres only one way to find out.........fiiiiiiiiiiiight :D (Harry Hill)

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
You may wonder why I used overlapping age ranges. I have edited the first post to explain. Regards, Dan

Rab C Nesbitt

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2008
I've just voted (50-55) and not happy about it at all - I think we're all in the same boat really, that inside our head we're stuck around the 23 years old mark but our bodies and joints beg to differ.

Oh , and my latest moan - whenever we log on to secure sites (banks etc) there is invariably a drop down for your year of birth. I find myself scrolling endlessly back in time to get to 1955 - you almost expect it to be written in Roman numerals . . . . anyhoo, that's me done.

Rab

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I say it should be the upper range Kenny. You are only 50 for a split second, thereafter over 50, so you aren't in the 45 to 50 group.

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” HG Wells

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I see a customer." Henry Ford (probably!) :D

Last edited:

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
I say it should be the upper range Kenny. You are only 50 for a split second, thereafter over 50, so you aren't in the 45 to 50 group.

I'll settle for that, still feel like a bit of a young un on this forum. :D

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
I completed a similar poll at Stanstead airport in December - the given age category I fell in was 25-39. At 39 years of age I rather liked that grouping!!

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
some people must have voted but are shy about their age (we had the same on a electronic dance music forum I help run where participation in this scene is as you would expect skewed towards the younger end of age groups..)

Advertisers