Another fat lad with a few questions

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hi all
I have been reading for a few weeks now and decided that a purchase is very close , I am 6' 1" and weigh around 125 kg and 53 years old ,the location where I live is mainly flat but I do have a motorhome so travel around the UK,

I have narrowed my search down to a Cube Reaction Hybrid HPA Race 500 2017 model , do fellow forum members think this would be suitable, or is there anything else I should be looking at

Thanks in advance

Chris

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
Well I pressed the button and bought the Race 500 2017 model after speaking to Hargroves cycles and ordered a set of peddles also

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Nice bike, congratulations.

Im still trying to figure out the differences between certain Cube Reaction bikes, such as the Race 500, and the Pro 500 etc.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ

Im still trying to figure out the differences between certain Cube Reaction bikes, such as the Race 500, and the Pro 500 etc.
Race is has better fork and 11spd, for commuting 9spd Pro would be fine and cheaper to maintain. CX drive is hard on drivetrain, 9spd parts are lot cheaper than 11spd XT. It would be a very steep hill that would find 9spd low gear not enough.

• Informative

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Race is has better fork and 11spd, for commuting 9spd Pro would be fine and cheaper to maintain. CX drive is hard on drivetrain, 9spd parts are lot cheaper than 11spd XT. It would be a very steep hill that would find 9spd low gear not enough.
Thanks. That helps me narrow down the 2018 Cube bikes to..

Acid Hybrid One 500 (9sp)
Reaction Hybrid One 500 (9sp)
Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 (10sp)

Then to decide whether to go with the Allroad version (mudguards & lights). I like that the lights are wired to the battery, but if the lights ever developed a problem could this interfere with the battery?

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire

Cheers,
I was looking till I went bozz eyed, in the end they had this in my size and the Pro 500 in my size was roughly the same price so I just bought the one with better specs

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Cheers,
I was looking till I went bozz eyed, in the end they had this in my size and the Pro 500 in my size was roughly the same price so I just bought the one with better specs
It is confusing isn't it, with so many models looking so similar. I shall be asking Cube at their Cycle Show stand to explain all the differences to me.

• Useful

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
It is confusing isn't it, with so many models looking so similar. I shall be asking Cube at their Cycle Show stand to explain all the differences to me.
It is confusing, but I can add my own lights and mudguards, and the thinking was buy the best of everything else in my price range , and add the latter as and when needed, I will add a flashing rear light straight away but front lights will wait as most of my rides will be in the daylight, and a Cube kickstand will be added

Good luck with your search