Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Yep, you can see were this market is going.

All you need is a host frame, and friendly workshop to get the mount welded in and then the frame can go into the paint shop.

Or better still, just buy a frame with the mount already built in, I guess though that the industry would need some kind of iso standard for that to pan out, although it''s not beyond the realms, iso has worked fine for BB's and Disc post mounts etc.

To me this spells the end of the BBS kits, as they were always going to be a lash up, and to be honest looked dam awful.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kinninvie and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bottom bracket crank drive kits will still be a common feature as the many millions of bikes available to convert will always far out way the availability of any decent donor bike frame with these other drive mounts in situ. For most having a mount welded into a frame will be a faff and another expense.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and Kinninvie

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
and to be honest looked dam awful.
It's cheaper to modify the frame a little bit and tuck the motor inside the triangle like in the Woosh Krieger

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?krieger

BTW, I the 2017 Krieger will have HL battery, controller integrated to the base of the battery cradle and gear shift sensor. No ugly wires.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
These designs appear to be competition to the Bosch/Yamaha for diy and independent bike designers/ manufacturers/importers. As I see it the bike industry as whole or the Chines need to accept or agree on a I.S to move forward if bike frames are to be made available in numbers.
The two shell mountings for Max drive and TSDZ look similar but certainly not the same or interchangeable so along way to go before the likes of bottom bracket kits become obsolete.

Last edited:

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Woosh your bikes are good value, but the CD models do look like a diy lash up, and I am sure you will drop the range as when more Bafang Max Drive models come along.

Nealth, I could not agree with you more, it's just going to take a bit of time for a std CD mount interface to come about, in fact I bet they are already working on an adapter, so that you can drop a Bafang Max Drive motor, into a bike that has had a failed Bosch or Yamaha motor.

I am just waiting for the right Bafang Max Drive ebike to come along, for my needs it will need to have Sliding Drop-Out's so that I can drop my Rohloff igh wheel into it.
Although I may have a long wait lol.