Any deals under £1000

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
So...... Work have put on the cycle scheme so on the lookout for a bike under a grand.
I already have a 1000w DD bike but hoping to sell to pay for a family holiday and it's far to powerful , I came into this hoping to lose weight.

I'm looking for a bike which has a good mixture of fun (light trails and canal towing my son on his trailer)
And a bike which will get me to work in the Yorkshire hills (no huge hills just very up and down) commute is around 15miles one-way and will only commute in ideal conditions.

I'm 5ft9 and currently 16stone hoping to lose 2 stone over the summer.

I've seen the woosh bikes but majority are a tadge over 1k and I'm not willing to spend over that unless it's the deal of the century.

Suggestions

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Already spoke to Hatti reference this bike and she said spindle could snap , something I don't need ...
Latest ones have the gear sensor but yes I would probs of took it at that price

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi David,I was looking for something with suspension of possible and a geared motor for the hills here in Yorkshire
changing the fork is easy, takes about an hour.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We can offer an ex demo 905Torque with suspension but that would be more expensive than your budget would allow, and adding front forks to the SE would add £100.00. All rear hub motors are geared.

All the best David

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Thanks David
We can offer an ex demo 905Torque with suspension but that would be more expensive than your budget would allow, and adding front forks to the SE would add £100.00. All rear hub motors are geared.

All the best David
Okay David do you have a contact number I can receive a quote

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I can recommend the Wisper 905, I bought one last October and it has been great, plenty powerful enough even around the hills in Macclesfield (very steep) a friends Haibike coped only marginally better on a 1in5 hill when i had to get off 30yds before the top, but that cost nearly 3 times as much and yesterday i managed 26 miles with a elevation overall of 3199ft and still had 2 bars on the battery indicator left. Steve...

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
So...... Work have put on the cycle scheme so on the lookout for a bike under a grand.
I already have a 1000w DD bike but hoping to sell to pay for a family holiday and it's far to powerful , I came into this hoping to lose weight.

I'm looking for a bike which has a good mixture of fun (light trails and canal towing my son on his trailer)
And a bike which will get me to work in the Yorkshire hills (no huge hills just very up and down) commute is around 15miles one-way and will only commute in ideal conditions.

I'm 5ft9 and currently 16stone hoping to lose 2 stone over the summer.

I've seen the woosh bikes but majority are a tadge over 1k and I'm not willing to spend over that unless it's the deal of the century.

Suggestions
Hi there,

Brand new KwikFold Xite-3 would cost £1075, only £75 over budget. Bike frame is warrantied for three years.

Milage range is dependant on terrain and rider weight but typically lasts 20-30 miles. Plenty for your 15 mile journey.

We have just set up dealers in Lake District, and they're customers are very satisfied with the pedal assist when going up steep hills.

Please see website link below, see if there is a dealer near you:

https://www.kwikfold.co.uk

Kind regards

Josh Power

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Thanks for the offers ,
Spoke to david very nice chap , trying to sort out the cycle to work scheme via vivup.

The kwikfold looks nice but too small for my I would look stupid.
Also I don't live in the city I live in god's county many hills here im afraid.

Anyone tried a freego eagle good specs for £1000

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
Thanks for the offers ,
Spoke to david very nice chap , trying to sort out the cycle to work scheme via vivup.

The kwikfold looks nice but too small for my I would look stupid.
Also I don't live in the city I live in god's county many hills here im afraid.

Anyone tried a freego eagle good specs for £1000
Not to worry

If it isn't for you, it isn't just a city product however.

We have generated many customers in areas such as Yorkshire, Devon and Lake District where again the reason for purchasing was due to a hilly commute, or ride made easier.

Our wheels are 16", but the tyres we use are chunkier than many 16" wheels available on the market. Therefore more stability on road surfaces.

Kind regards

Josh

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
So... Little update I've ended up buying a greenedge bike from e-bikes direct a few factors really

1.incredible customer service very fast at replying and anwsering questions i had about the battery connection which I have been told had been fixed (we will see)

2. Cheap price and no hidden extras majority of other companies added 10% for using the bike2work scheme pushing bikes out of my range

3. Has pretty good reviews concerned about battery issues and life ,they have sent me an email which states its sorted and range of at least 25miles.
(keeping email)

4. I have some money left to buy some better forks for the front.
Suspension seat is a nice bonus.

I have had great customer services from wisper (David) and woosh(Hatti) also really wanted the rio mtb but extra 10%pushed it out of my limit .

Cyclotricity have been dire at responding still not recieved anything and no answering phone calls.

Thanks everyone

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
So... Little update I've ended up buying a greenedge bike from e-bikes direct a few factors really

1.incredible customer service very fast at replying and anwsering questions i had about the battery connection which I have been told had been fixed (we will see)

2. Cheap price and no hidden extras majority of other companies added 10% for using the bike2work scheme pushing bikes out of my range

3. Has pretty good reviews concerned about battery issues and life ,they have sent me an email which states its sorted and range of at least 25miles.
(keeping email)

4. I have some money left to buy some better forks for the front.
Suspension seat is a nice bonus.

I have had great customer services from wisper (David) and woosh(Hatti) also really wanted the rio mtb but extra 10%pushed it out of my limit .

Cyclotricity have been dire at responding still not recieved anything and no answering phone calls.

Thanks everyone

Be sure to share a photo when you're up and running