Any experience with a Specialized Sirrus Sport 2015

jumbles1234

Just Joined
May 25, 2017
london
Has anyone any experience converting a Specialized Sirrus 2015? I'm willing to get my hands dirty but although I can do most bits of maintenance myself I'm wary of getting in over my head. I've been looking at the Dellinger 250w conversion kit which seems very good value.

Has anyone any experience converting a Specialized Sirrus 2015? I'm willing to get my hands dirty but although I can do most bits of maintenance myself I'm wary of getting in over my head. I've been looking at the Dellinger 250w conversion kit which seems very good value.
Yes. Nice bike for it. Might have to replace the cable guide under the bb with a smaller/lower profile one as some on spesh bikes foul the motor going on.
That is if you're referring to 250W mid drive motor?
Cheers D

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
last year I converted my spec sirrus elite to rear hub from ebc, bit of a nightmare kept braking spokes, even though it was respoked a couple of times.
if I had changed front forks to steel and fitted a front hub kit I would have had less bother.
as regards range though I could use use 2 out of five assist level on the flat and get over 40miles from 10ah

D

Deleted member 4366

Dillenger sell three fifferent 250w kits. Which one are you talking about?

If you're thinking of a front wheel kit, you need to take a close look at your drop-outs to see if they look strong enough. Whatever they look like, you'll need at least one torque arm.

If you go with a rear motor, you need a cassete motor to keep your gearing. They normally have a suffix C or CST in the designation.

The rest looks pretty straight forward. Personally, I'd have preferred a disc brake bike. Rim brakes are fine on a bike like that, but when you electrify it, the average speed would increase by maybe 50% and the weight by 10%, so they'd have to dissipate maybe 60% more energy, which can overwhelm them. It's not too bad for a light rider on the flat, but could be life and death for a heavy rider with hills or with the speed trned up.

jumbles1234

Just Joined
May 25, 2017
london
I was looking at a front hub kit to keep it as simple as possible. I'm definitely now on the heavier side so thanks for the torque arm comment.