Any mid drives for under a grand

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Looking to purchase a mountain bike with middrive via cycle to work(vivup)
I believe the max is £1000 to spend.
I don't really want to fork out anymore
Thanks

Dewey

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2016
Arlington, VA
I'm unsure if the UK Cycle to Work scheme covers used ebikes but if it does here are a couple of suggestions:

A second hand Woosh Krieger is 800 quid. Ask Woosh if they can fit the gear sensor for a bit extra. They use the Tongsheng TSDZ2 motor that has a torque sensor, and a front suspension fork.

Or give Brighton ebikes a call and see what MTB's they have in stock. They use the Bafang BBS01 motor which is pedal cadence only but pulls well up hills. Again ask if they will fit a gear sensor, it's 50 quid but worth it to prevent crunching gears when shifting under load.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Thank you for the suggestiom the whoosh bike looks ideal but I'd prefer a better fork really
For under £1000? You'll be lucky!

You can always buy some used forks off Ebay and swap them over.

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Decided going to speak to woosh hopefully tomorrow and get some advice I like the look of the Rio mtb, but like the motor on the krieger.

Would be nice to get a good comparison ,
Mainly for work commuting, but would like to take on a few little trails

D

Deleted member 4366

I think you'll find a hub-motor much better for commuting. Let us know how you get on.

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Bosch would be the cheapest commercial torque sensors would they not don't think I'm going to find any under a 1k

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Bosch would be the cheapest commercial torque sensors would they not don't think I'm going to find any under a 1k
Not new you wouldn't, lower price cutoff is around £1500 new and most are much above that.

But second hand there will be plenty well below £1000. E-bikes don't enjoy a good second hand market.