Any thoughts on the Gtec Escent

jay-rider

Just Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Essex
Hi I am Jay,
I am new to ebikes. I am currently trialling the Gtec Escent and am looking for anyone with any experience or views on it?
I was looking for a commuting bike to and from work each way is about 14 miles(round trip 28miles). Its mainly cycle lanes and a few hills but nothing to challenging. I don't really want to work to hard on the ride so saving on changing and showering at work.
Any other suggestions would be great.

Thought I opt for the escent over the gtec sport as there was not much in the price and I thought I might get abit more top speed with gears on the Escent but kinda feels abit weird using a mtb to commute.
First ride today was ok but the battery seems to get me just about to work 14-15miles nowhere near the 30miles specified.

Any advice is welcome!
Cheers
J

D

Deleted member 4366

The price has come right down. It was £1900, which is much too much. I think they messed up on that one. The gearing is too low for riding on the road and the battery isn't big enough to ride off-road. They should have just added gears to the normal Gtech bike, which would have made it a lot better for very little cost. The MTB is quite good, but it needs a much bigger battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Wheel-E

jay-rider

Just Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Essex
Thank you Guys for the advise.
Don't suppose you would recommend anything that is in the same budget(1000-1300)?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Jay-rider,apologies for pushing my own product,the Kudos Rapide or Sonata (step through) were specifically designed for commuting,both have 10Ah batteries,30 mile range,hydraulic brakes and the powerful BPM motor,price £1195.00
If you prefer a sports racing style of bike,the Kudos Stealth and Alamo at £995.00,please look on kudos cycles.
The spec is so much better value than the G-Tech,
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I was looking for a commuting bike to and from work each way is about 14 miles(round trip 28miles).
The Woosh Rio MTB witth its 17AH battery will do easily this distance whatever the weather.

other features: Bafang high torque rear motor, front and rear hydraulic brakes, GXP bottom bracket, adjustable front suspension fork with magnesium lowers, puncture resistant tyres, £1,169 including delivery.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-mtb

Reactions: Gaz