Anyone looking for a bargain Bosch powered mtb?

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Well as no one seemed to want it, and a bike I was looking at fell through, I contacted the buyer myself yesterday, and after some negotiating I managed to get it for £850 :)

I've just got back from picking it up, bleeding 5 hour round trip, and I'm more than happy with it. It's like brand new still has the protective stickers on it, and has 0.01 miles on the clock, well 0.03 miles now as I spun the pedals to make sure the motor was kicking in.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could not even buy the batt and motor new for that price ;)

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
I've never heard of LIQ bikes, but if this is the one you bought, and the battery is still good, it seems you got yourself a very good bargain:

https://www.linkradquadrat.de/sonderangebote/1215/liqrock-e-mtb-29zoll-500wh-bosch-performance-line-cx-modell-2018?number=628205652&c=65
I’d never heard of them either, from what I can find online it’s an own brand make from a German bike shop. It’s the same bike as that but an older model, looks identical apart from that one has the Purion system where mine has the Intuvia.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
I’d never heard of them either, from what I can find online it’s an own brand make from a German bike shop. It’s the same bike as that but an older model, looks identical apart from that one has the Purion system where mine has the Intuvia.
Nice one Rich UK. Good to hear a happy conclusion. Hope you enjoy it and that the bike's good to you. Cheers.

Reactions: Rich_uk
D

Deleted member 22539

Very tempting, but how are you going to get the motor replaced under warranty when the bearings go after 350 miles, like Doomanic's
He has been unlucky thou
Mine has 2100 miles on it but I do keep the seal greased
There do seem to be some random mileage’s thou
But like everything you only ever hear about the bad ones , I wonder how many have been faultless
We will probably never know as there owners will never bother saying.

Reactions: Rich_uk and EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
He has been unlucky thou
But like everything you only ever hear about the bad ones , I wonder how many have been faultless
i have hammerd the shite out of mine with a dongle and no motor problems and 3000+miles

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Wonder why he was selling his brand new unused ebike? I see he also has a brand new woman's Breitling watch and a unused brand new Canon printer for sale.

Congratulations on your ebike bargain. Did you see the original receipt?

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Wonder why he was selling his brand new unused ebike? I see he also has a brand new woman's Breitling watch and a unused brand new Canon printer for sale.

Congratulations on your ebike bargain. Did you see the original receipt?
He said it was a gift, it was quite dusty I think it’s been sat around for some time. It would be a bit unusual to ship one stolen bike from Germany to here to sell, if that’s what you’re getting at?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
There have been a few bike shops hit last year and all those brand new bikes will pop up somewhere.
Sorry for my cynical view but I tend to assume that bargains have a high chance of being iffy in some way and judging by some of the other responses I am not on my own.
Anyway.. it's yours now and its a nice looking bike whoever made it.
I am sure you will enjoy it emencely..
He said it was a gift, it was quite dusty I think it’s been sat around for some time. It would be a bit unusual to ship one stolen bike from Germany to here to sell, if that’s what you’re getting at?

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
There have been a few bike shops hit last year and all those brand new bikes will pop up somewhere.
Sorry for my cynical view but I tend to assume that bargains have a high chance of being iffy in some way and judging by some of the other responses I am not on my own.
Anyway.. it's yours now and its a nice looking bike whoever made it.
I am sure you will enjoy it emencely..
I hear what you’re saying but he’s been trying to sell it for £1300+ which wasn’t so much of a bargain, he listed it at least once before and didn’t sell it, I think he let it go cheap in the end because he thought no one wanted it, he obviously didn’t realise people don’t search for “electronic bike” on eBay, I came across it by accident.

People do sometimes sell things cheap for whatever reason, my Cube was also a bargain, at the time I bought it it was 7 months old, the guy paid well over £2k for it and only did just over 200 miles on it, and he sold it to me for £1000, and that one did come with a receipt etc.

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Oh and if you’re talking about bike shops over here getting hit I doubt this could have come from any of them, I couldn’t find anything on this bike on the net outside of Germany, the only UK results on google were for the eBay listing I got it from, the display was in German too when I got it, I had to switch it to English in the settings.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I get the impression the German bike trade is a bit like ours used to be - quite a few shops have their own brands.

Building a pushbike from scratch isn't so hard, a few tubes, a hacksaw, a jig, and a welding torch is about all that's needed.

An ebike frame could even be simpler as the bottom bracket is more straightforward.

This bike is 'budget' inasmuch as any Bosch bike is, so at the original asking price the seller will have been getting most of his money back.

John5001

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2014
He has been unlucky thou
Yes you do indeed. I think quality German motors win hands down.